Changing Cable Provider

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jaronclay, Jul 19, 2017.

1. jaronclay

jaronclay New Member

Aug 25, 2014

Advertisements

I'm changing from Comcast to Verizon and I'm wondering how my season passes will handle it. I generally make me season passes "Recording Only" and specify the channel (so I record it on the HD channel, not the SD) and I'm wondering how my TiVo is going to respond to all the channel numbers being completely different. It's not the end of the world to delete and put back in all my season passes, just wondering if there's an easier way.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Others have reported almost seamless transition.

3. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Most of the time you will be able to fix the One Pass by editing them. My experience when our cable system gets remapped is that most One Passes get fixed automatically and some need to be fixed, but one or two might need to be reconstructed. If there aren't upcoming episodes to record in the next two weeks you will have to wait until there are to edit a specific channel into the One Pass. You might have trouble deleting and recreating a One Pass at all if there aren't any upcoming episodes.

4. gregbennett

gregbennett New Member

Nov 1, 2002
    Sterling...
    I just switched from Comcast to WOW last weekend and after redoing guided setup, all my One Passes were automatically updated to the new channel numbers and I did not have to do a thing.