Change from monthly to yearly?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by minathia, Sep 2, 2007.

1. minathia

minathia New Member

Sep 2, 2007

Advertisements

I got a tivo for my birthday, and I'm planning on setting it up with the 1 year monthly plan, but I know that for christmas the same person is planning on giving me a prepaid one year for the tivo. When this happens will the new plan replace my old contract, or will I have to finish out the one year monthly before having the one year pre-paid. Or will the prepaid start in december and then in the following december I would revert back to the monthly?

Sorry if that's a little confusing. I'm a little confused!! :)

2. minathia

minathia New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    anybody ever change your contract? how does it work?

3. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002
    See this link for for details. It looks like a gift card is only valid for new subscriptions. Since you have an already activated TiVo, the unit may not qualify as a new subscription since you already have service on the box.

https://www3.tivo.com/store/giftcard.do

See the * at the bottom of the page.

Also read the TiVo gift card Terms and Conditions here...

https://www3.tivo.com/buytivo/giftcenter/termsandconditionsfortivoservicegiftcards.html

At the end of your 1 year, you can cancel your subscription, then "re-activate" the same unit with the gift card you receive for Christmas.

Others may chime in, but this is how I think it will work for you.

4. minathia

minathia New Member

Sep 2, 2007
    well, I haven't activated it yet, cause I was waiting for info on this, so I guess I'll just wait for Christmas then.

Thanks!

5. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002

Advertisements

You should call TiVo Customer Service to find out what your options are. It would be a shame to have a perfectly good box sit unused for the next 4 months. You miss out on the TiVo experience and there are warranty issues.

Check back here at this forum, maybe someone can provide you with an alternative solution.