Chalk One Up for TiVo

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by matt@thehickmans, Jun 11, 2011.

1. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    After watching _Switched at Birth_, I checked the results in "Explore the Show". In looking at the cast I discovered that Katie Leclerc (Daphne Vasquez) had a previous appearance (her TV debut) on _Veronica Mars_.

Being an inveterate _VM_ fan, and seeing that the episode was available to watch instantly using Netflix, I started watching the episode ('Silence of the Lamb'). Half way through the episode I notice that this is the one where they discover Veronica's best friend Mac was also switched at birth. So Katie Leclerc's television debut was on a show with a switched at birth plot point, and her character on her new show was switched at birth as well.

Just thought it was a cool coincidence that I would never have discovered without TiVo's capabilities.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I never really use that function so that was cool.

3. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Wow... lots of good spoilers in that post. :D I'm so glad I don't care about VM. :p

4. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008

David Jannsen's wife was killed by a one-armed man in "The Fugitive." The South lost the Civil War in "Gone With the Wind" And Netflix's description of the episode included the spoiler.

5. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Don't forget that:
    "Rosebud" was the name of a sled in Citizen Kane!

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    LOL!!! Yep, the end of most WW II movies is obvious also. :)

7. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Not so with "Inglorious Basterds" :p

8. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I know someone who went to that thinking it was a historical drama. :) Her daughter explained contrafactual to her.