1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celebrity Big Brother - OAD 2/12/2018 (Monday)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Feb 13, 2018.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Funny that Julie gave a little purposeful <cough> after her normal "but first" patter... :)

Wow... Shannon got a stay of execution...

I guess I don't understand... Keisha signed up to potentially "go the distance" in this BB season, no? I admit, I know absolutely nothing about breast milk production. Is it normal that after just a week, that breast milk production decreases that quickly? And if so, why did she sign up to be on this season?

Again, the disclaimer is I know nothing about this topic at all...

That said...wow, Keisha threw Shannon under the bus on her way out, eh?

2. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I don’t think Keshia’s meant for reality competitions. Early eliminations on The Apprentice and now Big Brother. Not her fault, but still not a great record. I think she might’ve done ok on The Mole, but I can’t remember.

3. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Metta joking with the camera in the hot tub was funny. At least he voted properly this time. Maybe next time he'll wait for Julie to ask him to vote.

I can't seem to recall exactly but the choices in who to pit against one another seemed odd if Keisha and Omarosa were trying to help one another, didn't one of them pick the other to play when there were other choices? I wonder if Marissa just didn't use the veto because she knew Keisha wanted to leave? Or did she just not have the guts to do it?

The actual eviction was boring when someone asks to get voted out.

4. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I don't get what happened.

I also know NOTHING about breast milk or feeding children, but, isn't a one year old living primarily on breast milk odd? When it started to become clear what was going on - I thought OMG what is she doing there with a newborn at home? One year old is not exactly a newborn. I don't have kids, I don't know anything about this but it just struck me as weird.

I don't understand why she didn't just leave instead of wasting an elimination.
    This potentially screws up everyone's game - ESPECIALLY if it gets back to Shannon they were talking about back dooring her.

So thanks Keshia, you just messed up everyone else's game because you decided to do the show when you shoulda been home nursing your kid.

5. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I think my oldest was 15 months when she stopped nursing, my younger one was just under a year.

6. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Loved Julie's fake cough last night! Here's an interview with her:
    'Celebrity Big Brother': Julie Chen says Omarosa 'played up' asthma attack

NorthAlabama likes this.
  7. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I love that he talked to the camera, and the cameraman "camera nodded" back in reply... Great stuff... ;)

Is that the first time a houseguest has "interacted" with the camera crew?

stellie93 likes this.
  8. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    I would think the camera guy would get in trouble by interacting with the guest. Even if it was innocent. I'm sure they want the guest to forget about the cameras and start to talk and act as if they were not there.

9. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Mobile, AL
    I'm sure Keshia will be surprised when she get to see the tapes. She just messed up the backdooring of Shannon.

I loved when the audience laughed at Omarosa when she gave her speech and added the yeah, vote for Keshia to be voted out!

10. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    That’s what the conversation in the backyard after veto was. Keshia was telling them that she’d help vote out Shannon if they made sure that she (Keshia) left next. Ross said they couldn’t promise that since they might not win HOH.

hairyblue likes this.
  11. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    If she is able to judge her own behavior objectively, I think she should also see that she was attempting to bully Shannon into using the POV, and trying to force blood on her hands. This was Shannon's POV... She should use it how she sees fit. And it wasn't merely trying to provide an opinion, or trying to softly influence. Keisha and Omarosa were outright bullies to Shannon...

I was glad she stood her ground and declined to use it.

hairyblue likes this.
  12. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    It was Marissa, not Shannon, who had the POV.

13. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Sorry... I am talking about the very first POV... Keisha took over Shannon's HoH, and then Shannon went on to win the POV...

Honestly, I thought the level of bullying was bad... Go ahead and give your opinion...but don't command me to do anything... If you wanted control of the POV decision, win it yourself... Otherwise, I have heard your opinion and will take it into consideration for MY final decision.

I don't know why this bugs me so much...but it did (and does)...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  14. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm sure they are more relaxed about stuff like this on an all celebrity season.

One thing I'm unclear about. Are they playing for charity, or for themselves? I was under the impression that it was the latter, but then Ross said he felt bad about backdooring Shannon because she was playing for her animal non-profit.

15. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I am very unclear about that also - the UK version of Celebrity Big Brother has been known to pay huge amounts to get celebs in the door - it seems like they are saying the are playing for charity but it's not clear to me either.

16. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Pretty sure that they’re just playing for themselves, but that doesn’t prevent Shannon from donating her winnings if she wants to. If they were all playing for charity, why would he feel bad?

17. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    That makes sense. Since Shannon's main focus in life these days appears to be her charity, it makes sense that she would give the bulk of her winnings to the cause.

18. brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I got my own favorite charity. Me!

stellie93 likes this.
  19. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    I agree. And their argument was that she was not thinking of the group but for herself. Well who were they thinking of? :confused::rolleyes: