Celebrity Apprentice - Spoiler

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Lee 2.0, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Jan 5, 2015 #1 of 34
    Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...

Advertisements

First thing that happens, Trump fires Keshia Knight Pulliam for not being willing to call and solicit donations from Bill Cosby.

http://www.people.com/article/keshia-knight-pulliam-celebrity-apprentice-bill-cosby-donald-trump

But more importantly, am I the only one who loves Sig Hansen??

2. Jan 5, 2015 #2 of 34
    Jim_TV

Jim_TV Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I have a feeling that this season was taped before the recent Bill Cosby scandals exploded in the media. Really, she wasn't fired strictly for not calling one particular potential donor but more for not bringing more money to the table in a fundraising task in general.

3. Jan 6, 2015 #3 of 34
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I believe they said on the Today show that this season was taped last spring.

tta

4. Jan 6, 2015 #4 of 34
    innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I cancelled my season pass partway through the second episode. I couldn't take all the bad plastic surgery not to mention Geraldo's childess ways.

5. Jan 6, 2015 #5 of 34
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....

Advertisements

I've never really given two craps about Geraldo Rivera, so I had no idea what he was like, but on this show he seems to be a major league ass-wagon! And I can tell from the first two nights that no matter how hard people try to get rid of him (thank you for that!), Trump just is not going to do it.

That could really curtail my desire to even watch this season.

6. Jan 6, 2015 #6 of 34
    jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Geraldo is probably still bitter about finding NOTHING in Al Capone's vaults.

7. Jan 6, 2015 #7 of 34
    Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I always chuckle when the Donald tosses in the "MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people are watching....."

8. Jan 6, 2015 #8 of 34
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought it debuted Sunday? Did you time travel to watch the second episode?

9. Jan 6, 2015 #9 of 34
    ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    The second episode aired last night.

10. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Technically 3rd.

:)

11. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    not only does trump seem determined to keep rivera, he's bending over backwards to praise him for no game-related reason. based on the three boardrooms so far, i'd say rivera has a good chance to win, thanks to trump.

my early favorite is leeza gibbons, she's knocking out tasks, and staying under the radar (so far).

12. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    This. The PM of the losing team on a fundraiser is almost always fired.

13. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    I honestly thought Jonas's 4 million twitter followers would mean he'd survive the boardroom, Trump likes his ratings. Seems that this is going to be another season where Trump's cronies get a pass and the younger generation he knows nothing about will be fired.

My money is on Leeza Gibbons, but Trump's bromance with squirrelly Geraldo may win the day. Only an ego like Trump's would understand and ego like Rivera's.

14. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    Leeza all the way.

Yes it was filmed before the recent allegations, but not before it obviously became a problem for her. And while she likely would have stayed if she had brought in enough money, he did actually, literally say he fired her because she hadn't tried to call Cosby.

15. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I don't like Trump firing people because he thinks they made a mistake at bringing in the wrong person into the boardroom. I knew Geraldo wouldn't be fired as he creates disorder and conflict and that is what brings people to watch and talk about the show. Is Geraldo acting this way on purpose or not? hmm.

16. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I thought it was obvious that he was going out of his way to be a d*ck in that particular episode. The outcome was as he would have liked, helped because others are apparently a little afraid of crossing him.

17. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Season pass cancelled, I only watched because of Gilbert, since he's gone I have no reason to watch. It'll be a season like when Joan was on, Geraldo can be an ass and nothing will happen to him.

18. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I actually thought it was of Kevin (Jonas) to bring Ian into the board room. He knew that Geraldo would be hard to get rid of and that Ian would be backing him up helping him explain how disruptive Geraldo was during the project. The problem is Ian said at a point time that Geraldo would interrupt multiple times to repeat his idea and after it was shot down he would go away and not help for some time. Kevin should have kept talking about the script and said that by the time it was caught, in editing, it was impossible to go back and add in the missing pieces.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    WTF, Trump? That seems a bit extreme...

20. Jim_TV

Jim_TV Member

Mar 4, 2006
    This is kind of a random comment out of nowhere and without context. If I assume you are referring to the three candidate firings in the episode from four days ago, that is best explained by the fact that Trump is clearing the deck so the finalists can compete against each other in the penultimate episode on Monday and show the results in the live finale the Monday after next.