"Celebrity Apprentice" - OAD 4/3/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Doggie Bear, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Apr 4, 2011 #1 of 56
    Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    Wow, that was a pretty awesome meltdown by Meatloaf. It made Gary Busey look totally rational and reasonable in terms of how he handled himself in the face of such an expletive-laden explosion.

In other news, it's too bad Richard Hatch got fired, but on the other hand, he hasn't really been as interesting as he was in the first episode. I did think it was hilarious how he told Trump that he was close to being exonerated on the tax fraud convictions. Or not. . . .

Finally, Marlee Maitlin's interpreter is fantastic! I'm really impressed at how he's able to capture tone and nuanced in translating from American Sign Language.

2. Apr 4, 2011 #2 of 56
    MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    GB is a like a one legged cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond.

I laughed, I cried, I replayed that about ten times.

3. Apr 4, 2011 #3 of 56
    Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Gary Busey is N.U.T.S. Not Usually Thinking Straight.

He is the original Charlie Sheen (c) though.

4. Apr 4, 2011 #4 of 56
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I have no doubt Busey's motorcycle accident has been the reason for his mental decline. Meatloaf losing it was really embarrassing. And Hatch was right. He was not given a chance to defend himself. Seems Trump felt it was his time no matter what.

5. Apr 4, 2011 #5 of 56
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    It really seemed more like Marlee Matlin released the Hatch. ;)

Trump left it to her to decide if anybody should be fired this week, and when all indications from the men were pointing at Busey, Marlee pulled the plug on Hatch.

I was ok with it. I missed the first Hatch-as-PM episode, except for the final moments when little David Cassidy was sitting between Hatch and Canseco and he got the boot.

Hatch just wasn't really contributing much, and isn't nearly as interesting as Meatloaf and Busey, so I'm sure that ratings are also playing a key role in Trump's final decision each week.

I was shocked by the results! I really got led astray by the editing. :up:

6. Apr 4, 2011 #6 of 56
    MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    Those were some amazing $$$ for charity.

I can't remember how it usually works. I know Trump made it, if they agreed, that each kept the money for their charity this week, but in the past has the winner taken all? So when Star won in that first one with the pizza, did she get all the money the guys raised too?

I absolutely love the way it was done. For Rich's St. Jude's charity not to get a dime of that would have been heartbreaking.

7. Apr 4, 2011 #7 of 56
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I don't believe winner takes all...if I were a donor I'd be pissed if it went to a cause other than the one for which it was donated.

Didn't think Marlee had the connects for big-time donors...guess she hang out in tony circles these days.

8. Apr 4, 2011 #8 of 56
    Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    From the way the show has been edited in the past the winning PM has always taken all the money which in CA I think seems a little unfair but I also think the donors are probably told off camera it will go to A or B charity depends on who wins. Glad Trump did offer to let each PM keep their own because that was a lot of money by both sides. I always do hate these type of comps though as if you were the PM last week or probably next week you get just 20k for your charity, but this week it was 600K and 1M. :eek:

9. Apr 4, 2011 #9 of 56
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Well that mean Marlee's charity lost 600k or if John Rich won, something less than that. 600K is alot of moolah even if you're being a good sport.

10. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    Never would have thought Nene to be as astute as she is in regard to judging worthlessness.

11. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Wow. So Hatch is going back to Prison again... For not paying taxes! So far, his tab is over two million on a one million dollar win. Dude is stubborn I'll give him that. :rolleyes:

I agree about Marlee's interpreter. He's an Impath too. He cries when she cries.

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Meatloaf was *totally* wrong, correct? They found his bag, and none of the stuff was taken by Busey..

I still think Busey is a total flake and he should have been kicked off this episode (at least).. their reasoning of him not being able to focus was correct.

Gary, you're FIRED:
    Forgetting
    I
    Really
    Enjoy
    DoingThis..

(ok that was bad).

13. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Well, he certainly conveys tone when he's speaking. It's unclear how much of that is him, how much is Marlee and how much is his experience in dealing with her...

14. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    Pretty sure it's "empath", same root as empathy. Impath is when Sir Elton and his husband argue and reach a deadlock.

15. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Thanks. :p

16. Gene S

Gene S Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Belleville, IL
    I wonder if they were told this is the last big fundraiser type challenge. It looks as if Marley pushed to be PM for this because she knew she had big donors. John was pre chosen even before it was announced.

17. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I don't watch the show so please forgive me for jumping in - but I read a blurb about something that happened in this episode that was absolutely hilarious. Did Star Jones actually lean over and whisper in Marlee Matlin's ear?

18. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Yes, she did! Marlee had to remind her she was deaf!

19. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I want to see Tracey Jordan as Star Jones at least once in the boardroom before the show is over. "And yes, I am a lawyer..." :p Star sure is opinionated and full of herself.

George was back!!! :up: He didn't have much to say, though. :(

20. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Actually, that's impasse.