Celebrity Apprentice "Child's Play" 3/13/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cearbhaill, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard

Advertisements

Could Dionne have been any more arrogant or dismissive of Marlee- she even refused to look at her when speaking through the interpreter.
    And the deafness/signing was too sad to expose children to?
    What a smug, horrible woman.
    I can't wait to see who cuts her down to size- if Marlee doesn't I'm sure Star will turn on her soon enough. Star simply exudes insincerity and condescension to me. Do not like.

Could Lisa have played that boardroom any worse?
    The Trumps threw her several lifelines to work with and she neglected to grab any of them.

LOVE Meat Loaf- always have and always will, and so glad to see him do well in this snake pit.

I don't even think I like this show any more- it's not about accomplishing anything, it is about who can talk their way around a failure the best. Trump simply awards whomever is better at dazzling him with bull poo.
    If I am in the right mood it can be entertaining, but on the wrong night it is like watching hyenas feast.

2. StrynBean

StrynBean Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2004
    DMV
    I agree. I think Dionne was a PITA during the whole task! I really think she should have gotten the boot, but the way Lisa acted in the board room, what choice did Trump have?

I just can't believe how horrible she was to Marlee.

I love to watch this show. I guess it is one of my guilty pleasures.

3. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Lisa was dump to bring Star into the board room or at least bring her and then say she really doesn't deserve to be there and not make waves with her. She should have focused on what a horrible piece of crap Dionne is. Instead she slit her own throat.

Here's what I thought was real stupid. On a fundraising challenge they basically offered the chance for one team to earn 35K on who Curtis Stone thought had the best Pizza. That was on top of the money that was raised 150K. Then on this challenge the prize is 20K for the winners charity. Why not try to balance things out a bit.

I thought the guys story was way better than the womens.

4. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    But the book will have royalties, which could really add up.

5. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...

Advertisements

I think it boils down to Trump keeps whoever is the best bully. He's a bully and he likes others that are too.

I have never watched this show till this season. I started watching because of Busey vs Meet Loaf. And it's turning into Star/Dionne vs everybody.

Star & Dionne are grown-ass women. They need to act their damn age!

6. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't you tell her to behave!

7. jdedit2001

jdedit2001 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Missouri
    I loved Trump's comments about Lisa's lips in the middle of the boardroom.

8. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Typical Trump inappropriateness and IMO calculated.
    She should have countered with "and I see your comb over has undergone a similar transformation."

9. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Lisa's weakness was her downfall. She should have emphasized what Diva's they were when she told them they were not going to get individual credit. And of course how rude (and dumb) Dionne was to Marlee. And by dumb I mean when she yelled at the interpreter!

10. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Again I LOVED Marlee in the boardroom - (paraphrased - maybe loosely) "they tell me she's a legend, but I can't hear her music so how would I know."

I do wish Marlee would have said something about what a jerk Dionne was in how she treated her, but I can also see that she has to keep working with those people so you have to pick your battles. That's not to say that Lisa couldn't have done that to defend HER position.

Does anyone know if Trump is pretty much unaware of how things transpire aside from what comes out in the boardroom? And by that I guess I'm asking if he/his cohorts see any of that film at any time as the show goes along - it would likely be after the boardroom, but does he see any of that before they actually air the show?

Would he have a clue how Star and Dionne acted, in this instance, before the whole thing is in the can?

11. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
  12. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Spill or link, please? :D

13. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    link added.

14. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I'm sincerely hoping that she makes it far enough so that the teams are shuffled and she ends up working for Hatch. He'll take care of it. ;) THAT will be hilarious!!

15. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    we'll see....Hatch reported to federal prison today on his tax evasion charges, so he won't be able to finish the season had he not already been booted.

16. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    He'll only miss the finale- everything else is in the can.
    Although they may need to re-edit things a bit if he made it to Top 2.

That could backfire with that mean criminal man beating up on the poor legend grandma and making her cry boo-hoo.
    I think I'd rather see one of the girls eviscerate her.

17. xcettera

xcettera New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Hello!

Thanks for posting these comments. I was horrified to watch Ms. Dionne be so prejudicial to deaf people. It hurt me so much that I felt that since no one on the show came to Marlee's defense, I personally wanted to show support for her. I created a facebook page for this purpose so she can know that not all hearing people are jerks! Ms. Legendary Singer would not even look at her when she addressed her!

Please please please join this page to show your support if you have a facebook page. I am unable to post links but you can search for the page by name

Apprentice 2011-Marlee & The Deaf Community Are Owed An Apology

Thanks!!

18. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Meat loaf -- what a crybaby.

19. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    That should work. :rolleyes:

20. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Hey, Dionne and Starr, guess what? There's no "I" in TEAM.

Any respect I might have had for Dionne before this show is gone entirely now that she has shown herself to be the selfish beeotch she was on this show. It was a team effort, girl. Loved how she minimized her demands in the boardroom. :rolleyes:

Hey Dionne, do you know the way to go away?