Celebrity Apprentice: 4/26/09 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Apr 26, 2009.

1. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

What the hell was that?!! Let me start off by saying that I'm a Joan and Melissa fan. But those two lost it in the end. Just take it like a woman. Trump fired you not Brande or Annie!

But Trump did get it wrong. What does past fund raising have to do with this task? Brande said it was Annie's concept. Annie did the presentation. Annie should've been fired. All Melissa did was follow orders in this task.

And I like Jesse, but he was a complete tool in this episode. Clint was actually OK this time. He used part of Jesse's idea. What more do you want? Oh yeah...the whole idea.

I liked it when each team was given each others ad. Brande knew it was better when she said "it was better than I expected". But she could not admit defeat and of course say hers was the better one.

2. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    That stuff with Joan and Melissa was easy to see coming from miles away. Both are very sore losers and both defend each other as if the rest of the world is always attacking them. While it's true that Brande and Annie had been working very well together and basically ignoring Melissa, Melissa could have stepped up and taken the lead on the project and put both of them at her mercy.

Clint did seem to listen more to the input that Jesse and Joan offered up, but agreed that Jesse came off like a tool. A lot of his idea did come through, and while it might have been better if more did, it is also entirely possible that they could have screwed up something that the company execs wound up liking. I'm sure that part of how Jesse was behaving was that he was so tired of losing with KOTU and he didn't want to see them repeat the same mistakes that had been made earlier. If he had slowed down a bit and paid more attention to how things were going then he might have found himself more on board with the teams project and less disappointed.

In anycase it looks like next week could be fun, and at least temporarily it seems that Joan will be off the show. If that is the case, it'll be disappointing because they stirred things up so nicely for us viewers, but it is getting down to the wire and the show needs to be focusing on someone that deserves to win now anyway.

3. HDTivoDesire

HDTivoDesire Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    OMFG I love this show! I knew Melissa would go bananas when she eventually got fired, but this was even better than I imagined.

I loved the production break down and seeing the crew on TV.

I'm still laughing at Melissa running around with a cast/boot on one foot and bleeps firing off every half second.

Will she be on the finale? I hope so!

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I was a little disappointed in how Jesse was acting on this one, but he nailed it when he said that he runs a magazine and he knows how to do this stuff, and that if the task called for singing a country song, Clint would definitely be his guy. Clint has a vision for what HE wants to do, and nobody is going to get him off of that. It would have been interesting to see if Jesse had actually made some suggestions to tweak things in that last hour, if Clint would have actually listened to him and considered things, or just blew him off anyway. As it turned out, it didn't make any difference.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel what was really "high school" about this whole thing was how Melissa was acting? Annie is certainly playing the game and utilizing her skills!

As for what does the prior/future fundraising have to do with this task? There wasn't one clear-cut, you-really-blew-it individual on Athena, so you have to consider it is now getting down to the end of it and from a fundraising standpoint, Brande and Annie are going to lay waste to Melissa in getting the money.

Anybody have any idea what was on the note the Donald passed to Kramer?

On a side note, I could very much certainly do without ever seeing Rodman, Tom Green, and especially ADC on this again. Think we'll be that lucky?

5. visionary

visionary HAVE BRAIN WILL USE!

May 31, 2006
    Norfolk Va.

Advertisements

Yes, you don't tell evil people you know they are conspiring against you, that tells them to be defensive. Instead you work against them behind scenes and document good ideas you had to use against them in boardroom. Just as I have had bad bosses, never told them that, told others "look at how stupid his rules or plan is compared to something intelligent like...." whatever my correct plan would be. In this case since only the 3, you make notes of all that for the boardroom. Show you had superior plan and they didn't. Don't just tell them you know they are out for you.

6. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Melissa just behaved like a horses ass.

I suppose some might think she can't be overly faulted for it as I am sure Joan fought all of her battles all of her life and she never learned how to be a good loser.
    But she's an adult now and we all have to transcend certain aspects of our upbringing and learn how to behave.

She is still as firmly under Joan's wing as any fledgling bird.
    When Joan dies she is going to experience one rude awakening.

7. jrinck

jrinck Certified Neurotic

Nov 23, 2004
    Trump's note to Cramer...

"Which production assistant do you want? I like the blonde."

8. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Melissa Rivers shouldn't have been fired, Jim Cramer and Ivanka were all about firing either Brande or Annie. When Trump passed the note to Cramer his opinion changed mighty fast. The note probably said something like "I still have a crush on Brande and Annie is good for tension, go against Melissa" or maybe "Do you think Brande will go out with me? Check box Yes or check box No." Sure you could say his opinion was changed because they pushed Brande to take a stand and she KIND of did, but what about Annie? Sure she did EVERYTHING in the task, but they lost so it was all her fault? When Brande and Annie were in the hallway one of them said something like "I thought I was gone, until Trump passed that note and then it all changed", so they even knew the fix was in. Anyway, I'm not a fan of Melissa or Joan, but she definitely got hosed last night, she was upset about it and rightfully so. I'll forgive her temper tantrum.

Oh yea, another funny part was when Joan told Brande she was being manipulated and Brande responded with something like "Oh yea, well I'm still here and Melissa got fired. How am I the one being manipulated?". Brande doesn't get that she is the weaker player and will lose to Annie and that is exactly what Annie wanted. That's another thing, Annie said in the first part of the boardroom that she would rather go head to head with Melissa in the finale because she's the weaker player, but then she goes against what she said and wants the so called weaker player to go? The board didn't pick up on that??

One more was when Joan said something to Brande about "What is she doing it for?" and Brande responded with "I want to win $250,000 for my charity" and Joan stupidly responds with "So now it's all about the money?" hahaha WHAT?

9. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Pretty sure Annie didn't say she would rather go head to head with Melissa because she's the weaker player... she just said that she thought Melissa was the weaker player.

Melissa and Jesse should have stepped up to be PM this week, since they both knew what would happen (and pretty much DID happen) if they didn't.

10. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Regis and Kelly called Trump on todays show about the note. He said that when they went into the boardroom he and Cramer were set on firing Brande. As things progressed Trump changed his mind and the note was something to that effect, and "do you agree?". To which Cramer agreed.

I have to wonder if these celebs sign any sort of contract.
    Joan won a buttload of money for her charity and then walked away violating what I would assume to be the "rules" of the game.
    If I had written that contract she would have to give back the money or come back and play out what she signed up for.

Thing is the charity would suffer.
    But in order to structure a TV show they have to have a certain number of celebrities remain a certain length of time and if everyone just walked whenever they felt like it there would be chaos.

I'll bet there's a contract of some sort and she comes back.

11. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    "No you can't hire away my receptionist Amanda!"

12. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I wanted to punch Annie when she admitted to deliberately manipulating Melissa's feelings. Joan has it right: Annie is two-faced.

Annie will win, though. She's the best player. She's as duplicitous as Richard Hatch, "Survivor" season one winner.

13. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    "forgooed"

14. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    And "she thought we were coercing against her."

15. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    OMG I forgot about that.
    That was priceless!!

16. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004

I know, right? How did everybody in the boardroom not LOL?

I was impressed that Annie knew she meant conspiring when she said coercing. I was further impressed she (Annie) didn't crack a smile.

17. ncsercs

ncsercs DirecTivo fan.......

May 5, 2001
    Hinsdale, IL
    Brande is a typical dumb blonde who still thinks she's in high school. Also not that great looking. She's in for a rude awakening with Annie.

18. eskay

eskay Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Sacramento,...
  19. speaker city

speaker city New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Atlanta, MI
    Melissa should not have been fired. Brande was the PM and Annie pretty much came up with everything. How the blame landed on her shoulders is beyond me.

Jim Cramer is a hack journalist. Any credibility he once had was ripped to shreds by Jon Stewart.

I can't wait for Jesse and Annie to go head-to-head. I think Jesse has been holding back on his ability to raise funds. Not only does his wife have lots of celebrity friends, but Jesse himself has some solid connections. I'm sure some of his customers who can drop six figures on a motorcycle would be willing to shell out some cash for charity.

20. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I think Melissa's blow up would make me cringe if I was her charity. I mean sure I don't remember who Melissa was/is playing for but still the charity knows and they were probably like, "oh dear!"

Also Joan says they are not playing for money for charity. What does she think they are playing for then? Sure it is cool to win and all but I think it is cool to win because you are getting so much money for the charity.