Celebrity Apprentice 3/20/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JLucPicard, Mar 21, 2011.

1. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....

Advertisements

I was just coming in to post that I wish Dionne would be fired and Star would step onto an elevator that is a couple of feet lower in the shaft than it should be - not enough to kill or maim, just enough to get her off my TV screen for good!

Thank you, Nikki, for saving us having to listen to the 'sista' block (Star & Dionne) trying to convince everyone that they do no wrong and anyone who thinks they do are just stupid.

2. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah. I know this will sound crazy, but in my gut I almost felt that Marlee was going to speak up and tell Nikki to quit being a loser and to throw Dionne under the bus. Whether she (Nikki) felt it was her fault or not, stay to win and do your best to get rid of the most toxic player.

That was likely me projecting. Oh well, My girlfriend and I were rooting for Nikki. Now we are rooting for Marlee.

On the flip side, love Gary's management style. I also love that he gets to stick around for at least another couple of episodes. I know he could get called into the boardroom next week and get fired, but I think the women's team will continue to implode. I see Dionne and Star sabotaging, either by ignorance or design, any PM from here on out, and I only see two women who might be willing to stand up to either, Marlee or Nene.

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I don't see Star doing anything out of ignorance.
    Even her repeated whining to Nikki about "we don't know your vision" was only so Nikki could be blamed when it did not work. Star's main purpose in life is to cover her ass and collect ammo to use against opponents. There's not an ounce of humanity in her.

I kind of missed the drama- Nikki rolling over like that annoyed me and I thought she just wanted to get home.

Gary is just being Gary.
    My opinion of him has gone through quite a progression over the years from "normal Gary" to weird Gary to Rehab Gary to what he is today.
    Now I am coming around to the opinion that he is fully aware that he is damaged goods and wants to be remembered as the actor that he was before all the surgeries and drugs. You can see his hackles raise when he thinks someone is disparaging his work- he's fine when you talk about his person, but he needs his work to be remembered and respected. I think he is to some degree ashamed of what he has turned into and the hyperbolic personality (even above what he was when "normal" which was plenty crazy, too) is all compensatory in nature. He's holding on the the "Crazy Gary" persona because it is all he has left.
    It's kind of pitiful, really. [/armchair psychologist]

I am again struck on how Trump thinks "good argument" and "good answer" when speaking to someone. He cares little about the actual thought they are attempting to convey and is all about how well they can weasel around any problems.

Jose can go. Now.
    What a useless lump of a man.
    I was quite surprised that LaToya did as well as she did. I was predisposed to think her brainless but she presented herself very well.

And I still want to see Dionne smacked down.

4. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Right. Dionne is out of ignorance, Star is by design.

;)

5. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx

Advertisements

Dionne suffers from KAS (Kiss Ass Syndrome). She has been praised so much through out her life she believes she can do no wrong. She did herself no favors by doing this show. Her people are probably happy that the truth has finally come out.

6. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Absolutely.
    But it's the way she displays her disdain that frosts my patootey.
    I know people with a similar mindset who manage to not annoy me this terribly. Yeah, they're impossible and unbending, but they manage to be halfway tolerable people. It's the way she throws up her hands and smirks and tries to make it someone else that is being unreasonable- the whole load of drama llama crap that sets me off.
    And calling Nikki a "hussy" on national teevee?
    No excuse.

Very few TV personalities annoy me to this level, but I literally get a boiling sensation in my gut when she pulls this crap :mad:

7. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Dionne's age is definitely showing. Who says "hussy" anymore?

8. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Old broads. :cool:

9. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    DIONNE-
    Damaged
    Idiot
    On
    National
    Network,
    Eliminate

STAR-
    Sneaky
    Two-faced
    Abhorrent
    Rag

10. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    :D :up:

Gary would be proud.

11. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Amazing that Gary got his hearing aids! I love that! No other moment in the show was as good as the one when he explained it to Donald. Nice!

12. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    A friend of mine is a police officer for the dept that did the celebrity cop show that LaToya was on. He said she was amazing and did everything they threw her way including getting tazed. She put everything she had into the show and took it seriously.

As for the people I can't stand to watch: Dionne (biatch), Star (biatch), Jose (worthless).

Gary is way out there, but fun to watch.

Richard Hatch has layed low since his week on being PM. I am sure he will bring on more drama before it's done.

Lil Jon, Rich, and Meat Loaf do most of the work for the men.

I am not sure who does the work for the women. LaToya for one.

ETA: I for one, think Ivanka is hawt! I have seen her on talk shows and really like what I have seen of her personality.

13. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Love Nikki but she wasn't there to play the game. Star being a lawyer knows that the best arguement sometimes wins over the best case. Dionne needs to be next PM, so she and Star can bump heads. :)

There has to be some more background to Gary's hearing. You mean he has seen how many doctors since his accident and none told him of his hearing deficit and the remedy? Guy is hilarious to watch tho; idiocy spiked with bouts of brilliance.

14. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Gary is a kook. I hate how everyone says they love each other and they're great. He's way too flaky to be a manager. He lucked out that he won. (I wish the_musician_guy_who_hosts_that_singalong_game_show had gotten to show his cellphone recording of baseball guy & Gary playing catch.)

15. StrynBean

StrynBean Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2004
    DMV
    I think Jose is worthless. Everytime I saw him just sitting there I was wishing someone would tell him off. He is so negative about everything! It will be interesting to see how he takes on the PM role, if he makes it that far.

16. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Jose's facial tics crack me up. Especially when he is stressed. Has he always had those tics or did the roids jack his face muscles up?

17. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    In Jose's defense he really busted his ass in the Pizza challenge, I just think he was frustrated by the lack of focus in this one but the Camper World guy was impressed with him during the event and that was part of the reason they won.

18. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    There is no Jose defense that I would buy.
    He was a slug.

The mens team won because they put their signs up where visitors could see them and created a kumbaya moment with the campfire type singalong. All they lacked was the smell of roasting hotdogs and marshmallows.
    It could have been King Kong tossing a ball with the same effect.

Jose is going down in flames when they let him anywhere near a PM position.

19. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    So in 2 of the 3 tasks he's been praised by either the team as the hardest worker or the judge as being impressive yet he's a slug. OK. :confused:

20. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    They're afraid of him.
    His twiching and barely concealed anger issues portend a Hulk-like unmasking of epic proportion.

;)