Celebrity Apprentice - 3/20/08

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS

Advertisements

I'm really surprised at how high maintenance the back street boys are!!!

I cannot wait for next week..... I'm rooting for Trace!!

2. USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    Was it a different announcer tonight? :confused: Just sounded strange.

3. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I guess it's no surprise Trace and Piers are the final two. I mean, Carol and Lennox are great, but Trace and Piers are the logical choice. No other matchup would have had near the "TV value" those two will have.

4. DLL66

DLL66 Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN

Those kids got to be f'n kidding me! Go TRACE! Looks like we are going to see some fire from him!

5. iceisles

iceisles New Member

Mar 8, 2003

Advertisements

I liked when Trace said he was going to kick Piers's British _ss. Him chartering two jets full of people makes it obvious how bad he wants to beat Piers, and can you blame him? I really want to Trace to pull of the win, but Piers seems to have an endless arsenal of ruthless tricks up his sleeve. He's intelligent, sure, but the smugness grinds on me.

And I agree on the Backstreet Boys - what a bunch of demanding pansies. Makes me glad that I'm not an event coordinator for large performers.

6. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    TRACE, where's my wheatgrass juice?!

TRACE, where's my black nail polish?!

TRACE, where's my "Just For Men"?!

:p

7. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Trace said it on the show, but I said it before he did at home.... :) I thought he was being punk'd!! Then when it looked like he may not be getting punk'd I was like OHMIGAWD, the back street boys should be called the the pansy street girls.

Was it me or did they look really put out that they have to share a "green" room with their band? Can't be socializing with the riff raff or something? Just how it came across to me.

Man, Trace better win after having to put up with that non-sense!!

8. MisterBubble

MisterBubble Makes Bathtime Fun!

Oct 30, 2005
    Central Florida
    I could be wrong... but knowing that this event is for charity and all, I would like to HOPE that the Backstreet Boys are sticking to that rider on purpose. In other words, TRUMP told them to do it so they would add drama and trauma to Trace's part of the task. I'm thinking he specifically asked them to be difficult and not cooperate, because at the restaurant meeting they almost seemed like they were acting, and they're not very good at it. Even adding in random stuff like wheatgrass just to antagonize Trace more. But maybe I'm just giving them too much benefit of the doubt...

9. mrjosh

mrjosh New Member

Mar 16, 2008
    I thought it was kind of weak to get rid of Lennox and Carol like that after they had made it this far, but I can't see adding two more weeks to the season just to do them justice...

Was I the only one who saw Steven Baldwin's backstabbing coming as soon as Piers picked him?

10. JaneiR36

JaneiR36 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I don't know that I'd call it backstabbing. When Steven got fired everyone said he was useless and raised no money. So why does the $164,000 winner of the Art challenge put him in charge of getting celebrities aka raising money? I don't get it.

On another note, I know Marilou has to be reined in sometimes, but Lennox was really condescending. I woulda told him to get the hell out and let me stay till I was good and ready. Even worse that he compared the way he treated her to the way he would treat his mother. How sexist!

PS: Is it just me, or has participation on the Apprentice threads shriveled down with no Omarosa? :D Folks were right, she's the one we all love to hate!! :p

11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Did people pause & read the rider form? Wow, that was a LOT of stuff.

BTW, I was really afraid they'd get rid of Piers, with the way the CNBC people didn't like him. He's really arrogant, but he *does* seem to get stuff done.

He also mentioned it, but he & Stephen _do_ get stuff done together, even though in some ways they don't seem to get along. (Which is strange, since they seemed to get along GREAT in the beginning.)

This show actually has raised my opinion of Stephen a bit. He's still a religious nutjob, but at least he has an entertaining personality.

12. latenight

latenight New Member

May 5, 2005
    If this were a real "Apprentice" it wouldnt be close and the job would go to Piers. Chase is a little too "slow" to be taken seriously in business.

I know this group is 99% for Trace but considering one of his primary tasks was to ask as Liason and take care of the band he was doing a crappy job of it. The things the BB Boys were asking for were ludicris but you don't act like its ludicris in front of them.

13. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    The whole Trace and the rider thing was ridiculous.
    The stuff that was actually on the page on the screen was all reasonable stuff that they could have gotten at any grocery store or drug store in 10 minutes. I was a bit shock they wasted so much time to get out of it. Either there was more that was not listed or they were just playing it up for the show.

14. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    has been all season...i see you miss DT doing the recaps too...bet most people never noticed. I guess he's too big a star to do this now.

i was hoping this too because if they are this much jerks for a charity event, i'm gonna burn all my 8tracks of the boyz!

unless i'm misunderstanding, this task is lopsided. How can you equally evaluate such different tasks of the same event and how fair is it that the other team will be auctioning off your items (unless i misunderstood that)

15. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I took the task assignments to mean that Piers would be taking responsibility for the set up of the auction, but that each teams' items would count to that teams' money raised.

As for the handling of the "talent", I'm not sure if it will help or hurt Trace that he's been on the other side of all that before.

On the one hand, I doubt he's going to want to take a bunch of crap from them (witness him contacting their road manager to see if they were serious about all that rider crapola). And his first conversation with the road manager pretty much told him he was doomed. The meeting in the restaurant I was just waiting for him to say something like "this is what you'll get and you'll like it". I can see the whole "talent management" thing being a big black mark for Trace because of the BSBs just plain being primadonna jack-holes (which did seem a little forced to me, too, but I wouldn't be surprised it that was the real McCoy, either).

On the other hand, all it takes is a bad report to Trump for those goof-balls to screw Trace regardless of how well they were taken care of.

16. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i think it was edited to make things look bad and in the end DT will say everyone did a fabulous job

17. Jayjoans

Jayjoans Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    Ludacris=rapper and actor
    ludicrous=causing laughter because of absurdity

ludicris=laughing at a rapper/actor

18. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here is a link to a BSB's rider. It is undated, and apparently has changed a bit.

19. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah that is not the same rider they were looking at there.

The one on the show had like 12 bottles of gatorade, 24 bottles of water, some gum, and other pretty basic items.

20. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I agree. It seemed like a waste of time to meet with them specificially about their Rider stuff hoping that he could cut some stuff. They weren't given a budget so just assign somebody to go get the crap and move on to something else!

That being said....I'm sure that the BBBs were asked to be difficult.