cCards will not initialize

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Tim N., Apr 2, 2011.

1. Tim N.

Tim N. New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I had the HD die in my S3. I used dvrupgrade s/w to install a 1T Hitachi drive. TiVo boots up fine, but the cc are not decoding the scrambled channels. I called Time Warner and they sent the Hit signals and a full Initial. Signal, but the cc will not respond.
    Is it possible that the Tuning Adapter is blocking the cc from the Initial. Signals? I doubt TW ever anticipated a cc pairing to happen after a site has had a working TA in place. I asked the TW Tech. If we should remove the TA while we get the cc up and running, but she said "no".
    Any thoughts?

2. Stone1555

Stone1555 ./1337

Dec 19, 2008
    Did you give them the binding info to confirm nothing had changed. If this is a motorola system the data id will need to be updated and hits sent to auth your cablecard.

If moto go to the conditional access screen and post your CON/EVCB/VAL
    results

3. Tim N.

Tim N. New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Yorba Linda, CA
    The VAL is unknown 17
    The ECM is 0x0432
    The Component PIDs are: oX0840 ox0841 0x0843
    State: disabled
    Copy protectio key : disabled
    CCI: 0x02

4. Stone1555

Stone1555 ./1337

Dec 19, 2008
    its not authorized. customer service would need to verify the pairing and send the activation hits

5. Tim N.

Tim N. New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Which just gets back to the original question. These cards have been in this S3 for over 5 years. The pairing was done a long time ago. Hits have been sent multiple times. the CC cards are not responding to the Hits. Inits were sent and the cc cards do not respond.

Is the TA blocking the signals from getting to the ccCards?

6. Stone1555

Stone1555 ./1337

Dec 19, 2008
    when u swapped the HD it broke the pairing. The data id will have to be upated on your account by your provider and then the hits sent.

7. Tim N.

Tim N. New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Yorba Linda, CA
    You are correct. The cards did need to be paired again. The tuning adapter did not block any signals. All is working again.
    Thank you for the good advice.