CBS Prime Time- Now showing reruns for 11/1/2016

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by bigguy126, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Nov 1, 2016 #1 of 39
    bigguy126

bigguy126 Member

Sep 4, 2007

Advertisements

From Breaking News - CBS Programming Advisory for Tuesday, Nov. 1 | TheFutonCritic.com.

[10/31/16 - 06:00 PM]
    CBS Programming Advisory for Tuesday, Nov. 1
    The network will opt for repeats of "NCIS," "Bull" and "NCIS: New Orleans" against Game 6 of the World Series on FOX.
    [via press release from CBS]

CBS PROGRAMMING ADVISORY FOR TUESDAY, NOV. 1

The following rebroadcasts of NCIS, BULL and NCIS: NEW ORLEANS replace the original episodes previously scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 1:

8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT NCIS "Scope" (OAD 3/15/16)

9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT BULL "The Woman in 8D" (OAD 9/27/16)

10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT NCIS: NEW ORLEANS "Billy & the Kid" (OAD 11/24/15)

Tivo is not showing these changes and if it records, when CBS does run the new shows, Tivo will think it already recorded them.

jth tv likes this.
  2. Nov 1, 2016 #2 of 39
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Thanks. At this time I don't have anything except The Daily Show in my To Do List for 11/8, but I will watch it.

3. Nov 1, 2016 #3 of 39
    amyf

amyf Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Central NJ
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess I have to cancel the recordings so my TiVo will record them when they are actually aired.

4. Nov 1, 2016 #4 of 39
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That won't work...if you cancel them, it will assume you don't want them. Your best bet is to just let them record...TiVo has been pretty good lately about "fixing" these kinds of situations, although I'm not sure how the Rovi takeover has affected that...

5. Nov 1, 2016 #5 of 39
    amyf

amyf Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Central NJ

Advertisements

Thanks Rob Helmerichs - I'm glad that I didn't do that yet. I have to make a note of it to make sure that I do get the new episodes eventually.

6. Nov 1, 2016 #6 of 39
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    That's not true. If you cancel a OnePass recording, the next airing will get recorded. I do this all the time with shows that air repeats. Only if it was already recorded will a OnePass not record again (or 28 days outside of the original airing if recording new only).

7. Nov 1, 2016 #7 of 39
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I have never had that happen...if I cancel an episode once, it counts that episode as canceled for good.

8. Nov 1, 2016 #8 of 39
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    For a single recording, yes that is true. But not for a OnePass.

9. Nov 1, 2016 #9 of 39
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Not in my experience. I do it all the time, and boy would I be pissed if it recorded something I already told it I didn't want!

10. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    I've been doing it for 10 years. Back when I only had two tuners, I cancelled recordings all the time to free up a tuner. It would then just record it later that night on the re-air.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Wow, I'm glad I don't have your TiVo!

I record a lot of anthology shows on, e.g., PBS, where episodes are rerun later in the week, where I often don't want particular episodes. I cancel them, and they stay canceled. I also have OPs for shows that air on channels I don't receive, so I can see when new episodes air and find them elsewhere. Again, I cancel the first showing and it never tries to record subsequent ones.

AFAIC, that is how it should work, and I'm glad it does. I really find it hard to believe that your TiVo works so differently than mine...

12. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Pretty sure rainwater is right, but only about 80%. We'll see, I cancelled my OP recordings tonight. We'll see if it re-schedules them when they appear in the guide.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Actually, come to think of it, in this case it probably won't matter who's right if TiVo does what they've done in recent years, which is (apparently) give the episode a new ID so the Guide Data won't think it's the same as the one that was pre-empted.

But I do know that in all the years I've been recording, e.g., Nova or American Experience or etc., when I've canceled an episode it has never picked up a later showing.

14. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this. Im either going to watch the To Do list closely or swap those shows to All with Dupes.

Note, this could be a prob with Game 7 being tonight.

Note, most likely you may not see this start to be resolved until Tuesday, the 15th as the 8th is election day....

15. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    My experience is the same as rainwater. Delete a show from my to do list and a later showing will record. If my SP is new only it won't record if the later airing is more then 28 days out.

I have no experience with PBS anthology shows. Are they tagged as series

16. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    And I've seen bad things happen with shows being pushed back. They don't get recorded. Not sure when TiVo ever "fixed" those things.

17. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I think you guys may be taking about different situations.

If you literally delete a recording from the To Do list, it shouldn't record future recordings (given a New only OP).

If you explicitly record a different show and say YES to let it cancel other recordings, then it WILL potentially record future recordings (if it reschedules the to do list in time).

It's a "delete this episode specifically vs delete this episode because you picked a higher priority recording" (which includes a one-time manual choosing of some other show).

I thought rainwater originally meant delete the OP and then make a new one.. I don't know about that case.

18. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    If it airs later that day or the next day (inside of 28 days), then it is still new. The scheduler will record the next airing seeing as it hasn't been recorded and is still within the 28 days of the original air date.

19. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And again, that has never happened for me. It boggles my mind that others are reporting otherwise, because I really do this all the time...

20. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    CBS has said they will be pushing their season by a week for 10/2, which you can check with Google.

No word on changes affected by the election.