CBS moves 'Harper's Island' to Saturdays

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Malcontent, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004

Advertisements

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/04/cbs-moves-harpers-island-to-saturday.html

2. USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    So instead of outright canceling it, they are letting us see it to the end. Kind of like Jericho.

3. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I hope. I suspect all the episodes are in the can. I actually enjoy it.

4. frankievali

frankievali New Member

May 25, 2003
    new york
    I want to enjoy this show, but the cast is boring and the story has been predictable. this was a killer idea, but I think it has been killed by someone other than John Wakefield!

5. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006

Advertisements

I set harper island to KUID. I have yet to watch even the pilot, I think I may save it for the summer when there isn't much on and do a marathon viewing over the course of a few days. It also helps I have a 500 GB HD in my TiVo :D

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    The weird thing is I think this is going to be boring but I find that I don't even check the time during an episode and am interested until the end.

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I watched the first episode so far... it seemed _very_ slow. Since it's knowingly short run, I can't imagine giving up on it a few episodes in.. but I'll _definitely_ give it another episode or two. (I like the "girl who came back to the island".. the "best man" so to speak.)

8. May 4, 2009 #8 of 16
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Give it a chance. I have enjoyed it so far and it does move faster though it is somewhat paced more like a drama than an action show.

9. May 4, 2009 #9 of 16
    mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I like dramas.. I would say that based upon the first episode it's paced more like a soap opera than a drama. I don't expect 'action'.

Though 'er', one of my favorite dramas of all time, is often accused of being a soap opera.

10. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Now at twenty years old, it may be necessary for younger readers to mention that mattack is referring to possibly the greatest TV show in history, "Twin Peaks" (arguably the successor to "Blue Velvet"). Although the series was a surreal noir murder mystery (among other genres), creator David Lynch subsequently revealed that he watched, fixated, on soap operas between takes, in order to impart an overlay of that genre on top of the drama to flavor it. But "Twin Peaks" was *not* fundamentally a soap opera!

11. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    What? I wasn't making any reference to Twin Peaks whatsoever.

12. Rogerallen

Rogerallen New Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Yea you probably should have bolded, capitalized and used a larger font when you identified the show as "ER" in your original post.

13. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Sorry, mattack, I thought your 'er' was the interjection "er," a hesitation in speech, like "um"; I construed the single quotes as making it an ironic one. (I think single quotes are supposed to be used to prevent confusion when there is another set of surrounding double quotes.)
    Bolding might have reduced the ambiguity, and proper double-quotation marks should have been used, but Rogerallen, I believe the title of the show always was in lower-case.... Or alternatively maybe it should have been, "the show 'er'."
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

14. Rogerallen

Rogerallen New Member

Apr 15, 2008

Honestly, I was just kidding about the whole thing but I can't remember if it was er or ER? The NBC site lists it as ER but its been si long since I've actually watched a commercial or credits (thanks TIVO) that I don't remember the opening graphics.

15. TiVo Steve

TiVo Steve New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Seattle WA.
    It's also available on Netflix streaming if you miss an episode (or two). :)

16. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have a few shows I keep caught up on and this is one of them.