CBS in Jacksonville overmodulated? Sound is "fuzzy"

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jangelj, Sep 11, 2007.

1. jangelj

jangelj New Member

Oct 23, 2002

Advertisements

I have an HDVR2 and 2 regular directv receivers in my house (one Mitsubishi, one Hughes). On all of them the CBS feed has bad sound. It has been this way for months. This may be more appropriate to post in a Satellite forum, but I have lurked here for years and thought maybe someone else who lives in/near jacksonville, fl could chime in.

the sound on CBS is "fuzzy" or distorted. It is similiar to what I experienced once with my cable in Denver, CO. That time they said the channel was "overmodulated". It is not distorted enough to not understand what people are saying, just enough to be annoying :)

Anyone?
    John

2. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    You should call the station and complain about their feed to Directv. They can either fix it themselves or call their Directv technical contact and have it fixed. Calling Directv will do no good, Even if you were to get a good CSR they would not no who to contact. When you call the TV station ask to speak to the Cheif engineer. He will know how to get it fixed.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  4. jangelj

jangelj New Member

Oct 23, 2002
    well, I called the station and asked for chief engineer. he said that everything was OK on his end. I called directv and got an engineer who was very helpful. he checked the feed, said the left audio was "hot" and would call the source of their signal (not the local affiliate, apparently). If was fixed that day.

john

5. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....

Advertisements

Great Job