Cavemen "Nick Get Job" 10/10/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MickeS, Oct 10, 2007.

1. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Very funny episode again. :)

I love that they're at home drinking wine and making flambéed food. :D

2. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I'm still on board with this show and I thought it was a pretty funny episode tonight. Loving the "Ikea" humor.

I'm sure that all who hate this show have quit watching it by now and won't be gracing us with their presence in this thread. They will be sorely missed. :(

;)

3. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Just a terrible, terrible show. As a matter of fact, its already on the chopping block.

4. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Not a great episode, or even a good one. The storyline was uninspired, but the dialogue between the Cavers still amuses me. I'm sticking with it, and I would like to see the writers get a chance to hit their stride since I actually like the characters and the setup, but that seems unlikely. I won't be crushed when it gets cancelled, but I'd like to see it continue.

5. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    And since no good show has ever been cancelled, you have, through the use of logic, proven your point. Well done.

6. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    This is the first Caveman episode I've seen. It was okay. It wasn't brilliant by any means, but funny and had likable quirky characters.

I don't know if I'll watch any more, mostly because my TV plate is pretty full at this point.

7. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    We need more Maurice scenes. He kills me.

8. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    +1.

The Ikea spoof is funny.

The situation set up, even if the main characters were simply generic pretensous slackers, and not "cavemen", has the potential to be funny if they can get some good writing in.

"Seinfeld" and "Friends" had basic premises no more complex and look at how successful they were!

It's all in the writing and delivery. This show could go places, if the writers don't blow it.

I'm giving it a few more weeks.

9. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    So, this show is not as Terrible as some people was hoping...........hummmm :)

10. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    BTW, this episode aired on 10/9/2007, not 10/10/2007.

Cavemen got a 4.7/8 rating in households for #10, and a 2.5 rating for adults 18-49 also for #10.

This was down from last weeks household rating of 6.1/10 for #7, and a 3.3 for adults 18-49 for #6.

11. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Thanks, I knew it seemed odd... I checked my watch for the date, but forgot I wrote it after midnight. :)

12. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I like the one funny caveman. The rest could be any other generic nobodies.

I think it would be better (and fit the premise) if the cavemen actually lived in caves within the city -- or at least had their apartment/house decorated like a cave -- complete with their cave drawings on the walls.

It just seems that the whole "caveman" thing has been watered down too much.

I like, however, such notable quotables as "keep your penis within your genus".

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I liked the accurate depiction of wrongful-termination lawsuits. :D

14. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002

Not too many good shows get cancelled before they have logged 10 episodes which is where I see this heading.

15. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    I remember Love Monkey being canceled after five. That was a very good show. Same thing with Book of Daniel. I know that there are others out there. One thing to keep in mind is that "good" is subjective.

16. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    I watched this show because of how terrible I expected it to be. I am still watching, and I do not know if it is because it is good, because it is not terrible, or because it is both not good or not bad enough to ridicule. Glad it is a half an hour. Will continue to watch. Until I figure out why...

17. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Its only funny when they deal with being cavemen, like that lady in the parking garage. Otherwise, in other situations, they may as well be 'sapes'.

18. Vito the TiVo

Vito the TiVo Rockin' the Suburbs

Oct 27, 2003
    Valencia,...
    But... why are they cavemen? There's little to nothing in this episode based on them being cavemen or necessitating them being cavemen.

19. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    Agreed on all three counts there.

I like that there's not a lot of backstory yet. You're just getting to know these characters. Hopefully the writers will have a chance to flesh all that out.

The dialogue between the cavemen is great!