Castle "Cuffed" (OAD 12/5/11)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by LoadStar, Dec 6, 2011.

1. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well, for those wondering about Beckett and the heels she wears... well, they at least brought it up tonight. Of course, Beckett deftly avoided the question. :)

For a little, bit, based on just the voice, I thought the old lady was the same actress who played Patience on "Firefly." It wasn't, of course, but that would've been amusing casting if it were, especially the standoff with her boys at the end, a bit reminiscent of the standoff in the canyon from the episode "Serenity."

Two best lines:
    - "You better not be enjoying this, Castle." "I’ll let you know in a minute."

- "They both want to be together, but neither want to admit to it." "Ugh, why do people do that to themselves?" "Maybe they just don’t see it." "How could they not? It’s so obvious!"

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It was Deborah Van Valkenburgh, which gave me yet another "Man I'm getting old" moment" (the second one in this visit to TCF).

Man, she was hot in Streets of Fire!

3. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Yeah, I remember her from Too Close For Comfort.

When I saw her last night, my first impulse was, "hey, that looks like a really old version of that chick from Too Close For Comfort." My second impulse was "HFC! That's actually her!" :)

4. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Cuffing them both on the same hand was a nice touch.

BTW, anybody notice in the opening scene how there was one shot where the cuff on Beckett was clearly on so loosely that she could have easily just pulled her hand out of it with zero effort? I'm going to assume that was just a prop gaffe and not some subliminal desire on Beckett's part to stay cuffed to Castle. :)

5. Combat Medic

Combat Medic No guts, no glory

Sep 6, 2001
    San...
    I could have sworn for a while that the DEA agent was Dr. Cox.

6. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    :eek: Wow, I remember she was hot back then, but of course they knocked her down a peg by casting her with Lydia Cornell.

(Not to mention that show included the great actor Jm. J. Bullock.)

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think they even had a whole episode where the main plot was her lamenting about how her boobs were so much smaller than her sister's.

Speaking of a giant boob....

8. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I had just the opposite reaction.

I've seen her in a few things in the past few years, and my reaction each time has been "Man she got old". :)

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I don't know how to break it to you, but...

:D