Cash Cab on the Discovery channel. Multiple collections.

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Bwana, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Bwana

Bwana Member

Apr 10, 2016

Advertisements

There are at least 3 current collections for the series Cash Cab which was recently resurrected by the discovery channel. I set a season pass before the new episodes appeared in the guide for old episodes that were being rerun hoping it would catch the new season. This of course didn't happen, but now as I look for the updated episodes, I notice 2 new distinct collections, each with different new episode data. I'm assuming they'll eventually catch this error and combine at least the new ones together. In the meantime you may need multiple season passes to get new episodes.

As is the norm now, babysit your tivo and don't expect the guide data to be reliable or even useful past the current days data.

SH055899371
    A partial collection of the original series with no episode information.

SH0349037026
    Currently airing new episodes with no episode numbers.
    2017-12-11 Celebrity Edition: Gilbert Gottfried/Dave Foley
    2017-12-11 Celebrity Edition: Matthew Perry

SH0370725169
    Another version of the new series with episode data.
    2017-12-04 S01E01 Celebrity Edition: Scott Bakula...
    2017-12-04 S01E02 Celebrity Edition: Gilbert Gottfried...

mattack likes this.
  2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    OK, I guess I got the last set.. and set a OP for it. I'll look for the further new episodes.

I wish they'd do more real non-celeb editions, EVEN if they HAD to have a different host for some reason ($$$).

3. OhFiddle

OhFiddle Active Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Chicago Burbs
    Something is still goofy with this. I heard it was coming back and saw somewhere (Metacritic maybe?) the new episodes would premiere 7/27/18. I did a search a while ago and set a season pass for the only ones that came up on that date, but they were on the Game Show Network which I thought was odd. They were flagged as new and had the original air date as 7/27/18. I just went to watch them and saw they were the old ones. A new Tivo search found three total show entries for Cash Cab. One is for the old episodes on Game Show Network which for some reason are flagged as new with wrong current air dates. The second entry covers the new celebrity episodes that aired in December that I missed (but saw they are available on Comcast on demand), plus one new episode from last week that said Shark Week Special which were all aired on Discovery. Then the third show entry just lists one episode for next Friday on Discovery as well. I don't know what is going on with the guide data, but you might need another new pass to get next weeks episode.

mattack likes this.
  4. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    oh thanks, I did watch the shark week episode, and also have seen the bogus GSN guide data..

5. OhFiddle

OhFiddle Active Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Chicago Burbs

Advertisements

Looks like it's starting again on October 7th, but now it's on Bravo.

6. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    new season with changes.

argh, we're past that date.. guess I need a new OP.

cash cab on the ios app shows 4 different shows.. the one with the different icon is the new one.

it's repeated up the wazoo, so that's good. Looks like all eps are still 'new' according to Tivo, but I still set it to new & reruns for now.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019