Can't Watch And Record Another!!!!! Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by shamr0cka, Jan 21, 2006.

1. shamr0cka

shamr0cka New Member

Jan 17, 2006

Advertisements

Alright, I have a Scientific Atlantic or whatever digital cable box, and VCR, and my Tivo. I tried about 12 times unplugging and redoing the setup Tivo gives on their site to get it to watch one channel and record another. Then I thought maybe it was my TV so I set it up on another TV in the house which was brand new. It still doesn't work. This is the WHOLE REASON why I bought Tivo, so if I can't get it to work, I'm looking to return. Any suggestions?

I have the splitter and all the correct cables, and I've seriously set it up and re-set it up like 12 times with no avail. No matter what I do it changes the channel on me when I have something set to record.

HEEELLLLPPPP
    if it's easier you can IM me on AIM/Yahoo
    at Shamr0cka (thats a zero)

Please Please Please, if anyone has any ideas please let me know :(

2. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    You're not watching the right input. You need to be watching the split that bypasses the TiVo in order to not see the TiVo changing the channel.

Or you have the splitter after the cable box instead of in front of it.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    With just one cable box you can't watch one show and record another. With the split you can watch an analog cable channel while the TiVo records from the cable box. In this case, you need to use the TV remote to change channels.