Can't transfer shows to my Roamio, they always say they are queded up.

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by philwojo, Dec 28, 2015.

1. philwojo

philwojo Member

May 16, 2004
    Sw burbs of...

Advertisements

I have a new Roamio and I am trying to transfer some personal videos from my PC to the Tivo. I have tried using both the Tivo itself and also PyTivo, neither seem to work.

When I do it through the Tivo I can browse and see the videos I want to transfer and I can go through the process. However, it always says it was added to the queue and it never ends up getting transferred.

I am running a Windows 10 machine, and I also have Tivo Desktop on it. I have an older Tivo HD and an S3 and they appear to be doing the same thing. I know this was working about 1-2 months ago, but I haven't tired it in a while. I put in the new Roamio about 2-3 weeks ago now.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
    phil

2. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I've had this happen before in the past. Is the Blue Light stuck on? Have you tried rebooting your TiVo and Router? One time I had to unplug both overnight and the next day it had cleared and was working again.

3. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    If the blue light isn't on, there can still be a "ghost" transfer stuck in the queue. If that happens clear any pending transfers from the To Do List, disconnect it from the network and reboot it. Let it sit for about an hour before reconnecting the network, and then force a daily call.

4. philwojo

philwojo Member

May 16, 2004
    Sw burbs of...
    No blue lights on any of the 3 Tivo boxes, they have all been rebooted since this problem has started, for various reasons.

I have not checked the queue on any of them to be honest in a while. I did check one when I first noticed it on one box a few weeks back now and there was nothing listed in the queue.

I will check all 3 boxes and their To Do Lists (queues) as well as rebooting the Tivos and the router.

Thanks,
    Phil

5. Damiansnpvp4

Damiansnpvp4 Member

Feb 6, 2015

Advertisements

Give Streambaby a try, it works the best & it is free. https://code.google.com/p/streambaby/wiki/getting_started There is nothing available right now that works as well as Streambaby. You can throw just about any format at it & it has no problem playing it. I have played almost 800 movies & TV stuff downloaded from torrent sites & so far had only 2 that did not work. I ran in the past Plex & Tivo desktop, but had nothing but problems with MKV & H264. I do love the way Plex displays movies, but if it can't play it, it is not worth using it. damiansnpvp

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The version of streambaby you point to at google projects is ancient. Much improved version is here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/streambaby/