1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't transfer OnePass online from failed TiVo to replacement TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by peternelson, Aug 10, 2018.

1. peternelson

peternelson New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    My Bolt+ recently failed (the dreaded 4 blinking lights hard drive failure) so I called TiVo to get a replacement shipped to me for $79. I was able to swap in my old CableCard, pair it, then go through Guided Setup to get the new box running (except that I had to immediately downgrade from Hydra on the replacement box - yuck!)

Anyway - I would like to transfer my OnePasses from my failed Bolt+ to the replacement box, but when I log into TiVo online, it tells me this about my old box:

"There is a problem communicating with this TiVo box. Make sure your box is connected to your home network, then try again."

Well obviously it's offline - it's broken! :) I've tried reloading the page multiple times, and I've tried different browsers and different computers.

What's odd is that if I go into "My Shows" on TiVo Online for my old Bolt+, I can see a listing of all the shows that recorded up until the TiVo failed - so this stuff seems to be stored/cached online.

Anybody else see this issue? I suppose at the least I can go through the list of shows that recorded and start to recreate my OnePasses.

EDIT - actually those shows in "My Shows" appear to be shows that can be streamed online - so TiVo somehow kept a record of those but not the rest of my recordings?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I think you are out of luck here. To cover yourself in the future, I'd recommend getting kmttg and making a backup of your 1P.

Scott

3. peternelson

peternelson New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Thanks... I've seen that in quite a few threads. I'll be doing that on this replacement box!