Can't transfer OnePass online from failed TiVo to replacement TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by peternelson, Aug 10, 2018.

1. peternelson

peternelson New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    My Bolt+ recently failed (the dreaded 4 blinking lights hard drive failure) so I called TiVo to get a replacement shipped to me for $79. I was able to swap in my old CableCard, pair it, then go through Guided Setup to get the new box running (except that I had to immediately downgrade from Hydra on the replacement box - yuck!)

Anyway - I would like to transfer my OnePasses from my failed Bolt+ to the replacement box, but when I log into TiVo online, it tells me this about my old box:

"There is a problem communicating with this TiVo box. Make sure your box is connected to your home network, then try again."

Well obviously it's offline - it's broken! :) I've tried reloading the page multiple times, and I've tried different browsers and different computers.

What's odd is that if I go into "My Shows" on TiVo Online for my old Bolt+, I can see a listing of all the shows that recorded up until the TiVo failed - so this stuff seems to be stored/cached online.

Anybody else see this issue? I suppose at the least I can go through the list of shows that recorded and start to recreate my OnePasses.

EDIT - actually those shows in "My Shows" appear to be shows that can be streamed online - so TiVo somehow kept a record of those but not the rest of my recordings?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I think you are out of luck here. To cover yourself in the future, I'd recommend getting kmttg and making a backup of your 1P.

Scott

3. peternelson

peternelson New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Thanks... I've seen that in quite a few threads. I'll be doing that on this replacement box!