Can't transfer certain files PC -> TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Vidfreaky, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Vidfreaky

Vidfreaky New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm having trouble tansferring certain files from my PC to my TiVo. I'm running Vista with TiVo desktop 2.5 plus installed. Other files transfer just fine, but when I try and transfer this one particular file the tivo says "the file was deleted to make room for other recordings". This happens all the time, even when I'm not recording anything at the moment. I tried deleting some files off the TiVo to see if that made some room for it, but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

just for info the file is encoded with Divx-3 low motion codec. That should be recognized by the software right?

2. Vidfreaky

Vidfreaky New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Nobody has anything?

I mean, I haven't even been called a NOOB yet, that's not very forum like of you guys.

lol

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Sounds like a similar problem experienced by the pyTiVo and TiVo.Net guys ... the transferring system (in your case TiVo Desktop 2.5) sends an estimated file size to the TiVo, but for some reason when the transfer is complete and the real size is larger, the box deletes the recording thinking it needs to make room for a future recording.

Can you watch the recording while it's transferring? That'll at least tell you if it's being transcoded and sent across correctly.

I'll call you a noob if it'll make you feel better. :cool:

4. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think TiVo Desktop only supports Divx 4.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You're right, Mark. From the Release Notes: