can't transfer any more

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by quarque, Dec 24, 2005.

  1. quarque

    quarque New Member

    52
    0
    Sep 21, 2002
    Seattle
    I set up a peer-peer wireless network many months ago with just 2 Tivos on it. Everything has worked perfectly until recently. Suddenly my son's unit acts like it is stuck waiting for some phantom transfer to finish before it will start any new transfers. But nothing anywhere in the system indicates it is in the middle of a transfer. If you try to start a transfer it either hangs on the first step or it puts it in the Todo list and never transfers anything. The status on both units says the network is fine and I can transfer his programs to my unit fine.

    We have tried doing a reset/restart with no luck in clearing this bug. Anyone know how to get it unstuck or clear this phantom transfer it thinks it has to finish? I don't want to do a complete "Clear Everything" unless that is the ONLY option and will definitely fix it.

    thanks
     
  2. VauxhallGuy

    VauxhallGuy New Member

    13
    0
    Dec 20, 2005
  3. quarque

    quarque New Member

    52
    0
    Sep 21, 2002
    Seattle
    Vaux - thanks for the link. My problem did not involve transfers to a Desktop but it was interesting reading. We tried just about everything we could think of including the disable/enable transfers at TiVo website. We finally did a Clear & Delete Everything and went through a full setup process again on the box reporting the problem. To my amazement (!) it still thought there was a transfer in progress! So before I unloaded a clip into the front of the tivo I thought hmmm, maybe the problem is on the other box, not the one REPORTING the problem. So I did a simple Restart on BOTH boxes at the same time. VOILA! - it was cured. No more bogus "transfer in progress" messages. The bummer is, I don't know if the Clear & Delete Everything was necessary at this point. It may have been the Restart on the other box that was all that was really required. Whatever it was, there is a software bug here...
     

Share This Page