Can't stop autoskip on 1 show!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Patrick Linley, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Patrick Linley

Patrick Linley Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I use autoskip for almost every show I watch and have NEVER had a problem until now.
    I attempted to watch Better Call Saul after recording last week and discovered that autoskip was skipping to the beginning of the next segment 30 seconds early! No matter what I tried, I couldn't watch the skipped content... set skip to MANUAL, restarted the box... no luck.
    ALL OTHER shows required me to manually skip, but not Better Call Saul... it's like it is hard-coded in the recording.
    To add to the frustration, I entered a ticket with Tivo support after midnight... an agent responded the next day around 12:30pm asking if I use IFFT. I didn't see the message until about 10pm that night, at which time I attempted to respond *THAT I DO NOT USE IFTT* and do not have a recipe setup for my Tivo, BUT THE CASE HAD BEEN CLOSED!!!!!!!!! REALLY????????????!!!!!!!!!
    Chapter 3: Better Call Saul came on again last night, so I decided to watch it tonight... guess what? You got it... auto-skipping - about 20-30 seconds before commercials start... the only way I can watch it is to catch it before it skips and go into slo-mo... really???
    I have tested dozens of other shows... whether they were recorded before I disabled auto skip or after, they all require me to manually skip, as expected.
    I have completely powered off my Bolt multiple times with no luck!!!
    I'm missing the best parts of the show!!! What's the deal Tivo???!!!!
    I have installed PyTivo and am downloading the programs to watch on my computer!!!

2. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Skip works fine on my recording of BCS.

3. RegGuheert

RegGuheert Member

Mar 16, 2019
    I find that Autoskip ONLY skips in the forward direction. As a result, immediately after a section is skipped, you can go back to that section (the commercials) by clicking the counter-clockwise arrow however many times you want or by clicking the left arrows to play in reverse.

Hope this helps!

Mikeguy likes this.
  4. Patrick Linley

Patrick Linley Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Nope. If I rewind or hit the 5-second rewind... if it is within a minute or so of the spot where it skips when playing, it still skips forward. Like I said there is no way I can watch the skipped content except in Slo motion (with no sound of course)

5. Patrick Linley

Patrick Linley Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Son of a BBBBBBBBBBBBB... it's doing it again... I haven't turned autoskip back on... I have manually skipped commercials on every show I have watched for a week... tonight, with BCS... first 2 commercials went fine... I had to manually skip... the second half of the show autoskips around 1 minute BEFORE the commercials start... cannot rewind... anywhere within that tiemframe, it automatically skips!!!! I had to download the show with pytivo and watch the missed parts on my PC! WHAT A PAIN IN THE A$$!!!

6. Patrick Linley

Patrick Linley Member

Jan 14, 2018
    By the way, when it incorrectly autoskips, let's say 1 minute early, it skips to a point where it leaves 1 minute of commercials before the show starts back... so 1) it shouldn't be AUTOskipping at all.. 2) when it does it, the start and stop skip 'marks' are shifted 'left' of the actual commercials.

7. JKR123

JKR123 Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Can someone explain to me how auto-skip gets enabled? I keep having problems where I am missing small chunks of a show (around 1-2 min or so) and I am wondering if it has anything to do with autoskip somehow being enabled but not working properly. (I haven’t intentionally turned on auto-skip.) I can see the “skipped” video in question if I do a slow rewind so I know that the missing scenes were taped. I tried to do a search within the forum on issues with recordings that jump ahead in small increments and found this post about auto-skip causing some issues, but I’m not sure if what I am experiencing is related to auto-skip or something else.

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    User Preferences.