Can't set season pass for Friends on E4

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Richard Loxley, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Richard Loxley

Richard Loxley New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Bristol, UK
    I've just had a strange problem this week that I've not seen before.

If I try to set up a season pass for Friends on E4 or E4+1, my Tivo displays the "please wait" message, and then stays stuck like that for at least 20 minutes. If I come back a few hours later the message has gone but no season pass has been set up.

I can set up a season pass for Friends on C4, I can set up other season passes on E4 and E4+1. I used to have a season pass for Friends on E4 and E4+1 but deleted it before I went on holiday (to avoid 200 odd recordings when I came back!)

My setup is: Tivo with 320GB disk, LBA48 kernel, 320MB swap, Freeview, approx 50 season passes (used to have 100+ until I rebuilt it last year).

If someone else with Freeview could try creating a season pass for Friends on E4 that would help me determine if it's guff guide data, or some form of corruption in my database!

Cheers :)

2. ColinYounger

ColinYounger It wasn't me.

Aug 9, 2006
    Southsea,...
    I booked one, using search by title.

3. Richard Loxley

Richard Loxley New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Bristol, UK
    Thanks for that ... I guess it's just my Tivo then.

Anyone know what do I need to do to rebuild the database? Repeat Guided Setup? Or do I need to do a Guided Setup for a different program source, and then change it back?

I don't want to loose my 50 odd season passes if I can help it.

4. ColinYounger

Aug 9, 2006
    Southsea,...
    First, use the backup season pass TivoWeb tool to save your season passes.

Then use Guided setup to switch to aerial only and back to your real setup. This will take some time, unfortunately.

Finally, restore your season passes.

5. ColinYounger

Aug 9, 2006
    Southsea,...
    Oh - also check that E4 isn't suddenly on a different channel number (i.e. TV and freeview have the same channel numbers) and that E4 is a 'channel I receive'.