Can't see my music/photos folders

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bch005, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Jan 8, 2006 #1 of 10
    bch005

bch005 New Member

Jan 7, 2006

Advertisements

When we first installed TiVo Desktop we published our music folders and photo folders and we were able to access it through the TV. But now for some reason it's not showing up when we go to Music, Photos, etc. We don't know what happened. Our network is still working fine, I tested the connection through TiVo. I am able to transfer video to my PC through TiVo desktop with no problems. TiVo Desktop finds all the programs we recorded, for some reason, TiVo just can't see our music and photo folders. We have a Linksys Wireless G router and the TiVo adapter. Any ideas on why we can't access this all of a sudden?

2. Jan 8, 2006 #2 of 10
    jstr

jstr New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Open TiVo desktop and click on the 'Music & Photos' icon. Are your music and photo folders still showing under the Music and Photo tabs? If not, then click 'Add Music' and 'Add Photos' and add the folders.

3. Jan 8, 2006 #3 of 10
    c monkey

c monkey New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Chiacgo, IL
    This happened to me as well. I noticed that the music and photo folders were only accesible when the PC is on. I don't know if this is something we are doing wrong or if the folders should be accesible no matter if the PC is on or off.

4. Jan 9, 2006 #4 of 10
    jstr

jstr New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    You are not doing anything wrong. PC must be turned on for TiVo to access its music and photo folders, and TiVo Server must be running on the PC. TiVo Server can be set to run automatically whenever the PC is on and you are logged in to Windows. To check TiVo Server settings, open TiVo Desktop and click on 'Server' and then click on 'TiVo Server Properties'.

5. Jan 9, 2006 #5 of 10
    saulysam@comcast

saulysam@comcast New Member

Jan 9, 2006

Advertisements

Running a Mac, I simply had to wake my machine up before the files showed up. Then it worked as usual.

6. Jan 9, 2006 #6 of 10
    bch005

bch005 New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, the music and photo folders are showing up in TiVo Desktop. We have even deleted them and then added them back again. And yes our computer is on when we try to view it with the tivo server running and showing in the system tray. Any other ideas on what might be the problem?

7. Jan 9, 2006 #7 of 10
    DcTiVo1

DcTiVo1 New Member

Dec 5, 2005
    I would try and restart the tivo and reboot the computer. I did this and the connection was restored.

8. Jan 9, 2006 #8 of 10
    mrjam2jab

mrjam2jab Still Learning

Jul 23, 2004
    Levittown, PA

could be onto something there. I have a WIN PC in kids room and it shows under Pics/Music.....but then it is gone....go in and find the PC has "powered" down...still on but power saver mode...

9. Jan 9, 2006 #9 of 10
    bch005

bch005 New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I tried restarting TiVo and rebooting the computer, I still can't see the folders anymore. Is the "Enable Home Network" for the new online services or is that for the music and photos? We didn't have to do that before when we were able to see the folders. Any other ideas?

10. skiphish

skiphish New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    I have the same issue. At first I was able to access my music and photos all the time. Then suddenly, they stopped appearing on my tivo. My computer is always on, the folders are published to the server, and the server is always running. Plus I'm still able to transfer files between the tivo and computer and access the online features. Just can't get the photos or music folders any more. The only way I'm able to get them to reappear is to turn off and restart the tivo server, and that doesn't always work.

Any thoughts?