Can't reset PIN for UnBox

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JWard, Jul 15, 2007.

1. JWard

JWard New Member

May 24, 2000
    Boston

Advertisements

After entering all the information for my accounts, entering a new PIN and confirming I get the error message:

Account already linked
    This Tivo account is already linked to another Amazon account.

That's it. No suggestions, no options.
    Can anyone help me?
    TIA
    Jim

2. bpurcell

bpurcell TMBG Fan

Mar 16, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    Are you doing this inside the TiVo box or at the website. If you're getting this error at the box, go to your account on the TiVo website and change it there. Is your box connected to someone else's account, such as a parent or spouse?

3. moxie1617

moxie1617 Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Chicago...
    I received that message thursday when trying to create a pin using the Tivo. Wound up having to go to Amazon Unbox site and create it there.

4. bpurcell

bpurcell TMBG Fan

Mar 16, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    Oops, you're right. It's the Amazon account, not the TiVo account, that you need to go to change the PIN. :eek:

5. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA

Advertisements

JWard, if you aren't able to resolve it via http://www.amazon.com/unbox/tivo/ please drop me an e-mail (estephen@tivo.com).

Best regards,
    Stephen

6. JWard

JWard New Member

May 24, 2000
    Boston
    Yes, I was able to set it through Amazon. Thanks!

7. keiffer6

keiffer6 New Member

Apr 18, 2007
    I am having problems now...

My TiVo's do not show up anymore when I go into a video or tv show to buy it. I have tried to re-register my Tivo's using the "Register Now" button found on the Amazon unbox site. I put in my Amazon password and it takes me to a place where it asks me for my TiVo "Manage my Account" password. I enter the password for Tivo manage my account and I get this reply: "Sorry, your TiVo account is already linked to an Amazon account. Only one Amazon account may be linked to your TiVo account.". How do I re-register my Tivo's with my Amazon account. I have no idea why they would have gotten messed up. I have made no changes to my Tivo account or DVR names.

Some times when it asks me to enter my Tivo manage my account password, it sends me to a "404 - Document Not Found" page.

I would like to rent some movies, but cannot until this is resolved. I have also tried to use the remote and DVR to download and I have no idea what the PIN is. I tried reseting the PIN and once it asks me to enter my Tivo manage my account password, it always comes back "The value you just entered is not valid" even though I know the password is correct.

8. Mamoth

Mamoth New Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Same here. I rented a movie off the web page and after 3 hours it has yet to start downloading to my TiVo. Everything is linked.

I go to the web page and click download and it says "That title has already been downloaded". I go to my TiVo and try to buy the same title and it says, "This title has already been purchased".

Nothing shows up in Now Playing. The service is not intuitive in the least.