Can't rent Amazon VOD HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by slickmouse, Jun 24, 2011.

1. slickmouse

slickmouse New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Just got a Premier and tried to rent an HD movie on Amazon VOD - but got a message that says this device isn't compatible. It did allow me to rent the SD version. I have an HD TV (Samsung) and the TiVo Premier - shouldn't I be able to rent HD movies??

2. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Yes and you can. Sounds like Amazon has that one incorrectly coded or there is something specific about the program stream that is incompatible with tivo. Suggest contacting Amazon CS.

You will find most HD video rentals work fine. Not Prime instant videos yet though.

3. hargreae

hargreae New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    When I first got my TiVo Premiere I was able to rent an HD movie via Amazon. Now I can find no HD versions to rent. They all seem to be "Amazon Instant Video" (otherwise known as Prime Instant Video) and not compatible with TiVo devices. I'd love to be proven wrong. I tried to rent "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" recently and was disappointed to see it was the SD version.

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Are you looking for HD Videos on your TiVo or with a computer? If you are using a computer, use your TiVo.

Good Luck,

5. hargreae

hargreae New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Good catch. I see that I am now forced to use my TiVo to search for HD movies and can no longer use Amazon's web site. Annoying, but better than not being able to access them at all.