Can't recognizing Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dmmatic, Sep 25, 2011.

1. dmmatic

dmmatic New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    I have Tivo Premiere and my HDD died so I had to replace it. Got 320GB replacement drive from eBay and installing new HDD was easy but I had problems afterwords where i could not get channels to work, then my Tivo would not record anything at all and finally after deleting everything from my Tivo which took like 3+ hours i got it to work.

Now, i use Tivo app on my iPhone and iPad, mainly when I do search or set season passes since its way faster than trying to go letter by letter, but for some reason my iPhone is not recognizing that i have premiere its connecting to it as Series2/TiVO HD??? which does not have all the functionality on app as Premiere. I did some research and I was told i need to update software so I did check my software version and i have 14.5, and i did try to force download by going to Messages & Settings > Settings > Network & Phone > Connect to the TiVo service now, but even if goes through all the steps it does not update my software???

So my question is, how come i can't update software and any suggestions can I do anything to get my iPhone/iPad app to work?

2. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    If you install a new hard drive that is not a direct copy of the original, you MUST run a Clear and Delete Everything to "marry" the drive to the box.

If you didn't do that, try that and see if things are better.

3. dmmatic

dmmatic New Member

Apr 2, 2011

I did that and TiVo works great, only problem is that iPhone is not recognizing my Premiere and I am not sure what to do?

4. MC Hammer

MC Hammer New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    What's your software version?