Can't play now please try again later V118

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by Adrienne Leptich, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Nov 8, 2020 #1 of 10
    niklas24

niklas24 New Member

Nov 8, 2020

Advertisements

I've had my TiVo edge hooked up for about 2 months now and I cannot watch anything from my other Tivo (Roamio). I get that error message. I've spent a rediculous amount of time calling and chatting with TiVO support and no one has been able to rectify this. Everytime I call they go through the same steps that the previous person did and they can never help me. Has anyone else had this issue. I'm not trying to transfer, just play. I don't even see an option to try to transfer it. TIA

Also, how do I change my profile name on here?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  2. Jmchzn

Jmchzn New Member

Nov 21, 2020
    DID YOU GET ANY HELP WITH THIS? I'M GOING TO CANCEL THE ROMIO SERVICE IF WE CAN'T RESOLVE THIS. TIVO CUSTOMER SERVICE IS USELESS

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Report post 1. Ask the Admin person if they can change it.

That error number has never been reported before, so it's new to the Edge.

4. niklas24

niklas24 New Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to call them again because I know it's something I'm going to set aside an hour or 2 to do. I was going to switch the location of my Edge and Roamio and see if that works. I think they suggested I move the router in my house, but I can't because I rent. I do have wifi extenders though so that should resolve the issue.

5. niklas24

niklas24 New Member

Nov 8, 2020

Advertisements

I've also received a different message with V117. Can't recall exactly what that message was but it was similar.

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  7. niklas24

niklas24 New Member

Nov 8, 2020
    I did see that thread, but the problem wasn't resolved and I never get ads on my TiVO's although that could be because I haven't updated my Roamio to the new interface (like the Bolt and Edge have) so I didn't consider that as my issue. But I don't get ads on the Edge either. I don't like it, but perhaps the difference in the 2 interfaces is what's causing the problem??? I'll (reluctantly) have to try that. I wish I could downgrade my Edge to the old interface. It's much more user friendly.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Up top there is a Search box. Click on that and then click on More. Use V117 as the keyword. Scroll down and search. You should get 70 entries. Maybe one will have your answer.

9. niklas24

niklas24 New Member

Nov 8, 2020
    will do. Thanks!

10. Lockdown

Lockdown New Member

Sunday
    I had the V118 error today and discovered my main Tivo box with the cable card had frozen. When I went to check on it it said "waking up" which I've never seen before but at that point it was giving all the other boxes in my house the v118 error, although, on the other boxes I could still use apps but not watch TV. So I simply pulled the power cord and plugged it back in and everything worked.

I will say, ive used Tivo for years and am only making an account now because the amount of issues I've had since they added ads to the TV guide have been astonishing. I get that cash flow for tivo is an issue but at least hire the talent to implement ads (if you must) without destroying the hardware and experience.