Can't Login Into Yahoo Acct From Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by hfwarner3, Dec 14, 2005.

1. hfwarner3

hfwarner3 New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    Clarksburg, MD
    I have tried and tried and I can not get the Tivo to login to my Yahoo account. I have symbols in my password. Could that be a problem?

2. Andru1313

Andru1313 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Philadelphia...
    Yes probably. I haven't tired but that sounds like the problem to me. I would create a test account on yahoo and then see if you can log into that one through your tivo

3. TiVoJerry

TiVoJerry Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    We've had a report that have a "$" symbol may cause issues. If you have one in your password, try removing it. If that's not the case, use process of elimination to figure it out and let me know what you find.

4. gmknobl

gmknobl New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Mine has a ! in it and does not work. No other special characters in the pw or user name.

5. hfwarner3

hfwarner3 New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    Clarksburg, MD
    If you have special characters in your password, it will not work.

6. seanbra

seanbra New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Special caharcaters? Are you kididng me? The dam box is linux and yahoo runs on bsd. They shouldn't have a problem with !
    geez....

7. japlady

japlady New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Just connected my box to the internet (its June 2006, as in a year after the initial post) my password had a / in it.... am I supposed to change my password?

Seems silly that yahoo allows for a password and tivo can't handle it, are you guys fixing this or do I need to change my password to something less secure?

8. bpurcell

bpurcell TMBG Fan

Mar 16, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    I wouldn't expect them to change it. Many online places only alow numbers and letters for passwords, so it's not unusual. You should probably change it without the symbol.