Can't get program data plus iOS issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by UCLABB, Nov 29, 2016.

1. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

Background: I first discovered a couple of channels were listed in my guide as E feeds and my provider is airing W feeds. I emailed Margret and TiVo simply removed the two channels from my lineup rather than replacing with W. I then noticed that about 20 other channels were also listed as E.

I emailed Margret again and got the two back on my lineup, but no program info, simply "to be announced". Forced connection yielded nothing. I also note that that my iOS devices won't even show the two in the guide at all. Btw, another TiVo in the house has guide data for the two, but has the same problem with wrong feeds. So it seems that TiVo rather than fixing the whole problem, just dealt with my one TiVo somehow.

Could someone explain the mechanics of how this works? If I understood what was happening, maybe I could get TiVo to do what needs to be done.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Now that's weird. :confused:

To expand. I thought fixes were done to the feed from TiVo, not the device. I guess you have the same feed on all boxes? I don't, but that's just me playing with stuff. All zipcodes I use are serviced by the same headend (or were). When I sent in my email for a channel going TBA it fixed both Roamio boxes even though they use different zipcodes.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Yeah, same provider. The other TiVo has the program info, but it's the E feed. It makes it really cumbersome to figure out when the program is coming down your wire and then either set a manual recording or figure out what program to schedule a recording for that will capture the real program you want. It's odd, the times shown are the are the PST times for when the program is airing in the east. So, if the program is on the air in the east beginning at 9pm, my guide (on my other tivo) will show it as 6pm.

So yeah, I guess they can "fix" the individual TiVo by removing a channel, but that seems about the extent of it.