Can't get my series 2 to show right channel on guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by coalguy, Sep 14, 2007.

1. coalguy

coalguy New Member

Mar 12, 2002
    I have a Series 2 unit using it with Direct TV. I am having trouble having my guide correspond with the actual DTV channel. For instance the golf channel 605 shows as outdoors on the guide with outdoors porgraming. Have gone through sat setup twice but still no luck in getting the two to sync. What am i doing wrong? Thanks

2. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Are you certain you're giving the TiVo your correct zip code and service provider?

If so, there may be a glitch on Tribune's end. (Tribune provides TiVo with their channel lineups for various types of TV service.)

If it really looks like TiVo has the wrong lineup for DirecTV customers in your area (and with the channel/s involved, it sounds like it'd affect more than just your area), you should contact TiVo and let them know.

They have a page for that...

Click here-
    http://customersupport.tivo.com/Lineupform.aspx

3. bru175

bru175 New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    I also have 2 Series 2 TIVO boxes connected to DirecTV in diferent rooms in my house. Both of them sent out a lineup change notice that channel 605 was just changed from the Golf channel to an outdoors channel, OUTHD2 which features fishing and hunting, etc. When I looked up channnel 605 on my DirecTV guide, it still is the Golf channel. As a result of this change, however, all possible future programming including wish list and seasons passes have disappeared.

When I called TIVO they said they were looking into this and it might take a week to resolve it.

4. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    This can happen.

Sometimes a service provider begins a channel shuffle, then either ends up not doing it, or they do it later than they were going to.

Problem is they already notified Tribune, and it's either too late to change the lineup back before it's made public, or they forget to tell Tribune not to do the change.

Then there's simple human error...

Humans. So annoying. ;)

5. origin89074

origin89074 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I am also having the same problem, I have not seen the answer - Hopefully it will be updated in Tribune..