Can't get into demo mode (Toshiba Unit)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dbug, Jan 7, 2006.

1. dbug

dbug New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Hello All,

I just purchased a Toshiba DMS RS-TX20 running software version 5.4-01-2-565 (information given by pushing the info button). I have no land line based phone or voip system available to me so I would like to utilize the dialing code ,#401 to setup over the network. I have a linksys 100m usb-ethernet adapter and my router setup for DHCP. All of this is based upon numerous hours of research to ensure my setup is correct (if you see any issues here, please point them out).

During my research I also realized that this brand of Tivo is not all that common and haven't been able to find an answer to the specific question I have. My question is this: How do I enter into the demo mode so that I can do a complete restart of my system and clear everything out of setup from the first time I attempted to set this thing up (I attempted before I read that the usb-ethernet adapter had to be plugged in previous to turning the unit on for the first time)? The real issue is that I cannot revert to a screen that allows for the selection of demo mode. I saw this demo mode option the first time I turned the unit on, but after the unit was powered off it no longer shows itself and I can only continue on through the guided setup. How do I enter Demo mode when I cannot select it? I've looked for possible remote codes, tried thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up enter as one post had suggested to no avail. I'm at a bit of a loss and since I just moved to Mississippi from California, have very limited options of people I can call upon. So any help that this community can give me would be greatly appreciated.

-Bug

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Do a clear and delete everything from reset menu and you will be given the demo option again.

3. dbug

dbug New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    How do I get into the reset menu? Am I able to do this from the guided setup screens when the Tivo has never been setup? And thanks for taking the time to help me with this, I appreciate it.

-Bug