1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't finish set up on a new Tivo Bolt box with a wireless connection, Error C213

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tate886, Dec 4, 2018.

1. tate886

tate886 New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    I got my new Tivo Bolt yesterday, and my troubles began. First I coulnd't activate online casue the TSN said it was already actiated. Then, I couldn't create an account online so we had to do that over the phone.

Well, they say they have my box activated now. I started the guided set up, selected my wireless router and entered the password ... and that's where it stuck. I'm getting an error C213.
    I've reset the router several times, even unplugged and plugged int he Tivo several times.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to send this tihng back and get a refund. Everything else in the house gets internet jsut fine except the new Tivo box If I have to wire connect this thing, I'm gonna need a long long cable to do it, but would that fix this issue?.

Please help??? This is my first Tivo, and I'm not getting a good first impression so far.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If possible, connect the TiVo to the router with CAT5. See if Guided Setup complete. The disconnect the CAT5 and see if the wireless still works. If wired works and wireless fails, it may be a bad unit. Can't you move the TiVo closer just for setup?

3. tate886

tate886 New Member

Dec 4, 2018
    I can't move it closer and still keep it ocnnected to the TV.

It's only maybe 3 to five feet away from the wireless router, but it is near the Directv Genie box, which has no torlbe getting it's internet through wireless. But might that be a source of interference?

As soon as I grab a long enough cable. I will try the Wired set up.

Teeps likes this.
  4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You’d obviously want to resolve the wireless issue in case it *is* faulty BOLT h/w, but why the wireless connection (for both the BOLT and Genie) when so close to the router?