Can't find published music/photos

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by bch005, Jan 7, 2006.

1. bch005

bch005 New Member

Jan 7, 2006

Advertisements

When we first installed TiVo Desktop we published our music folders and photo folders and we were able to access it through the TV. But now for some reason it's not showing up when we go to Music, Photos, etc. We don't know what happened. Our network is still working fine, I tested the connection through TiVo. I am able to transfer video to my PC through TiVo desktop with no problems. TiVo Desktop finds all the programs we recorded, for some reason, TiVo just can't see our music and photo folders. We have a Linksys Wireless G router and the TiVo adapter. Any ideas on why we can't access this all of a sudden?

2. carcassi

carcassi New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    I have the same problem on a "superpatched" HDVR2 w/ 6.2. Everything worked fine soon after installation, but music/photos disappeared after a while. Network connection to the PC is fine. PC finds the Tivo. Tivo seems to contact the PC when I try music/photos menu (at least once) and then it comes to the "manually add server" menu. I am running TivoDesktop 2.2. PC has all firewall etc. disabled. Nothing abnormal when I look at the logs on the desktop (tivobeacon/tivoserver etc. within tivodesktop).

Thanks for any insights/tips on how to trouble-shoot this.

3. rrr22777

rrr22777 New Member

Jul 31, 2002
    I have the same problem. I know the tivo is still on the network because I can telnet into it but my Music and Photos cannot find the PC.

4. Lennie

Lennie New Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Does anyone have any info on this issue? I have the exact same problem on my two unmodified series 2 80 hour units. I've been able to access my music and photos for almost a year, and then a couple days ago, poof--they're gone. Also, my Bedroom Tivo was no longer showing on my Living Room Tivo's Now Playing list, and vice versa, so I can't transfer from Tivo to Tivo. My Tivo server is running, everything is still published, and I can transfer programs from my Tivos to my computer. All other network functions, like weather and traffic updates abd Podcaster, work fine. I've followed all of the troubleshooting advice, and still, no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. rrr22777

rrr22777 New Member

Jul 31, 2002

Advertisements

I managed to get it to work by deleting the Tivo directory under c:\application data, deinstalling tivo desktop and then installaing it again.