Can't find other TiVo devices with 20.6.3

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Lastczar, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Lastczar

Lastczar New Member

Jan 8, 2017

Advertisements

Ever since the update to 20.6.3 my Roamio can't find my two older TiVo boxes. I get error 423 device not found. The older TiVo boxes can still see the Roamio and I can transfer FROM the Roamio to the other two but not vice Versace. Has anybody dealt with this issue? Is there a way to downgrade the software so I can transfer again? Thank you

2. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Same here. I thought at some point I would reboot the Roamio and see if that works.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Edit : Nope, rebooted Roamio & did not resolve. Both machines are on Ethernet. Premiere sees Roamio but Roamio just brings up the error.
    Edit : Thanks, guys. SD menus on the Premiere and reboot it. Fixed for now.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Known defect. Report it to TiVo so they become more aware of the prevalence of this problem. Check out this thread, especially starting with this post. Re:20.6.3 update broken features | TiVo Troubleshooting | TiVo Help Forums

As a workaround, you can transfer programs from you older TiVo to your PC, and then back to your Roamio. I use kmttg/pyTivo. TiVo Desktop might be an alternative.

cybergrimes likes this.
  4. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID

Advertisements

Reboot won't help this problem.

5. just4tivo

just4tivo Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    And I believe it is part of the problems I'm experiencing here... Roamio OTA WiFi problem...

Along with the now admitted to by TiVo intermittent network connection drop problem.

20.6.3 seems to have started these problems rolling downhill and they are gaining speed.