1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't figure out how to get rid of Tivo Suggestions in Hydra.

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by dadrepus, Aug 10, 2018.

1. dadrepus

dadrepus Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I stopped the service but can't see how to delete any. Directions please, or where to find them?

2. FairfaxCA

FairfaxCA New Member

Mar 27, 2010
    TiVo button/Menu/settings/user preferences/change TiVo suggestions to off

3. dadrepus

dadrepus Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    This s exactly what I did but it did not get rid of the currently saved shows. So, how do I CLEAR the hard drive of those shows already recorded? I did it just fine under the old UI, just cant see it here.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Usually the Clear button when on a show deletes the program.

5. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    I downgraded as well and this is one of the reasons. I couldn't figure out how to easily delete a show because the left arrow wasn't working under the new UI. Had I known it was just the "Clear" button I may have kept the new UI? There were a couple of other reasons, one being the new UI didn't let you order the channels by number.

6. dadrepus

dadrepus Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Yea! Clear Button worked. Many thanks. Wife likes the new UI and I like the larger sized guide.

7. FairfaxCA

FairfaxCA New Member

Mar 27, 2010
    With the new UI the back button does what the left arrow used to do.

After reading all of the posts from people who had downgraded I was ready to roll my new Bolt back as soon as I got it out of the box. I decided to try it for a day or two first. Now I like it. everything is there, just a little different. The worst is how the guide works now. The best is that the audio doesn't drop out any more.

8. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Note any of the normal methods of deleting a show should work for a Suggestion or a normal recording (Clear being the simplest). :) Hmm unless Hydra changed this.

Scott