Can't even get to "Settings"!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by SCinTN, Jun 4, 2011.

1. SCinTN

SCinTN New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sometime after the 14.8 upgrade, my Premiere started giving me the "Your TiVo is not connected to the Internet" message. Then, yesterday (4 June 2011), only the "Recently Deleted" folder--which was empty--showed up on my "My Shows" menu. Season Pass shows have recorded in the past 24 hours, and yet nothing shows up in My Shows.

When I have tried to get to "Messages & Settings," it always sends me back to the "Your TiVo is not connected to the Internet." I can't even try to reconnect! I have tried rebooting with no success. Help!

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Try following sequence in TiVo Central to get to SDUI: Thumbs down, Thumbs up, pause, pause.

3. SCinTN

SCinTN New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Terrific, thanks! Haven't yet gone into settings, Hulu, etc., but I got back to the non-HD menus and the shows we've recorded.

4. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    Where is Hulu? I tried finding it and couldn't find it. Which software version includes Hulu?

5. SCinTN

SCinTN New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    I think one free month of Hulu Plus is offered on the HD menus or through the TiVo website. (I am still having trouble getting the HD menu settings to work properly on my Premiere, so I haven't tried getting Hulu yet.)

6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Hulu PLUS is part of a staged rollout, 14.7 AND 14.8 both support it, but they flip it on over on the Tivo side so it's not a given that if you have 14.8 you will have Hulu+

7. Leon WIlkinson

Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
    I did it the hard way, I guess.

I had a static ip address(not 192.162.-.-) and my nephew reset my dlink615(without my knowing):mad:which made it default to 192.168.0.1. So I was problem solving the issue for 30mins, where if I had known about the reset 5 minutes max. :D

8. mommytomyboys

mommytomyboys New Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Thank you so much for posting this!! My tivo is doing the same thing, I thought I had lost all my recordings!! I just got it back to the Non-Hd menu using that sequence, so now I"m not sure what to try. Connecting and see if it's fixed?