Can't delete!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by k.Trout, Oct 1, 2006.

1. k.Trout

k.Trout New Member

Sep 14, 2004

Advertisements

I am trying to record an nfl game in hd on my 10-250 and the tivo won't let me record since it shows 4 programs recording! I try to delete the programs and they simply show back up in the now playing list. When I try to record the program I want it gives me an "internal error" message.

Any help? Yikes!

Thanks

2. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Try rebooting.

3. k.Trout

k.Trout New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Yes. But if I reboot I will lose the program that I am trying to record. Looks like that is my best alternative though. Thanks, I think you are correct.

4. k.Trout

k.Trout New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I rebooted and when it reset the programs were on the np list but not "recording" so I went ahead and started recording the game. Net loss, one half of football. Could be worse. Thanks for your quick response jhimmel.

5. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002

Advertisements

Glad it worked. I seem to remember having a similar problem a long time ago that was fixed only after rebooting.

6. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    maybe it's just because i had the 'red light' error 2 x in the past week but it just seems more people have this sort of error in recent memory....red lights staying on even the day after stuff records etc

7. k.Trout

k.Trout New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Yes newsposter that was the exact problem. I had four programs in the now playing list that all had "red lights" on. None of them would delete. Thanks for a name for this problem. Maybe if I search on that name it will turn up a thread or two. Thanks.

I do wonder if 6.3 will help this problem or if it will complicate things even further. I am hoping for the former.