Can't delete 2 Cnet recordings...

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by andyman58, Mar 18, 2015.

1. andyman58

andyman58 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Midwest

Advertisements

On 2/27 my Tivo Roamio Basic recorded 2 blank Cnet recordings. I click delete but they won't go away. Never had this problem in the 10 years I've had Tivo. I called Tivo Support and they asked me if I had the new software update. At the time I had it for around a week or so. He said, yep, that's a problem, just be glad that's all the problems you've had. Offered no help, just said they will go away eventually...it's been over 4 weeks now and I still can't delete them. Any ideas on how to get them to go away???

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Have you rebooted it?

I've had recordings (both podcasts and regular recordings) that have failed to go away.. and unfortunately rebooting does usually fix it.

(unfortunately since rebooting should NEVER be necessary for ANY product)

3. andyman58

andyman58 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Midwest
    I've rebooted numerous times, deleted the entire OnePass, tried changing settings in OnePass...Can't think of anything else. The files won't play, saying there is no video to playback. They really aren't hurting anything by being there, but there should be some way of getting rid of them short of a Clear and Delete Everything...

4. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Have you contacted TiVo Support?

5. andyman58

andyman58 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Midwest

Advertisements

Yes, I had contacted support when it first happened and they asked if I had the new software update. When I said I did, they just said just be glad that all the problems you have, his exact words, and offered no fix, only that it will delete eventually. Its been five weeks now, and still can't delete the 2 duds.

6. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    I've had an empty recording of a movie in My Programs for weeks (before 1P). Reboot doesn't get rid of it.

7. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    I have one recording I cannot get rid of as well. Have an open service ticket with tivo. They tell me it will be corrected in the next software release this spring....

8. Lurker1

Lurker1 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Me too. Empty recording that won't delete. Did any of you ever find a solution?

9. Jun 5, 2015 #9 of 28
    SRAINESS

SRAINESS Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Add me to the list... Any update(s) ?

10. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Mine is still there, hoping 20.4.8 due next week will finally get rid of it.

11. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Do these show up on the App? Can you try and delete them that way? If you don't have a device with the app you can always try kmttg. For some reason, I have it in the back of my mind that using one of those worked for people in the past. I could be misremembering, but it probably doesn't hurt to try.

12. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Using kmttg to delete has worked for me in the past when I had one of these.

13. Lurker1

Jun 4, 2004
    Mine has been there over a month, and kmttg won't even delete it. I've tried every method dozens of times.

14. midson

midson Member

Feb 26, 2005
    I also have a cnet video that will not delete. I've learned to live with it but it's annoying as hell seeing it in the List. It's been there for several months and through at least one software update. Maybe two.

15. Lurker1

Jun 4, 2004
    4 months later, and zombie recording is still mocking me.

16. SRAINESS

SRAINESS Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Still have recording from February. Still Cant delete!

17. andyman58

andyman58 New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Midwest
    I put a 3TB drive in my Roamio. That got rid of the recordings. :D:D:D

18. Leon WIlkinson

Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
    That is better then clear & delete everything in software. ;)

19. Lurker1

Jun 4, 2004
    Any hope of this ever being fixed? I am approaching the 1-year anniversary of my undeletable recording.

20. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    After 1 year, I would think the question answers itself.