Can't create OnePass for Modern Family or Last Man Standing on ABC

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dbpaddler, Sep 20, 2015.

1. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    So I'm setting up One Pass for the new tv season. I get to channel 6 and find Modern Family and Last Man Standing. I click on One Pass, options and when I go to channel, channel 6 doesn't show up. I get USA and 17 (all the old seasons), but I don't get the abc station even though that is the selection I used to create the one pass. Tried it for Modern Family and no dice. But I can record the episode on its own. I got to Last Man Standing and the same thing.

I go to Shark Tank, and it sees it on channel 6 just fine to create a one pass. Every other show on ABC and other channels are just fine. Just those two specific shows. I manually selected to record the first two episodes just fine. But on one pass it just won't see the ABC channel.

Why can I not create a one pass for those two specific shows?

Add Family Guy to that on Fox.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Please see this:http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=531953

It's not just a Roamio issue so I started it in the Coffee House area.

3. Old Hickory

Old Hickory Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Are those channels standard def? Perhaps you have HD checked on the One Pass and the channel numbers don't apply?

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It doesn't matter. You can't use TiVo Online either.

5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I posted a possible workaround in the other thread which might help those with the issue.

Try searching for the show. Instead of picking create a OnePass, pick upcoming or Episodes. Episodes is easier if lots of repeats. Pick the last season and new episode. Then try and create a OnePass from that screen. It should default to the channel the program is airing on.

For example, search Family Guy, pick episodes, select Season 14 and then select episode one. It should take you to the detail page where you can create a OnePass with the correct channel. After creating the OnePass view upcoming or check To Do and make sure it is set.

Just report back if it works for you.

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you tell me it works with Criminal Minds I will do it.

Doesn't work for me.

7. BCA

BCA New Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Try this: I had the same issue, used the workaround above (thanks), but went to Episodes, the last season (7 for Modern Family), Episode 1, OnePass, then Selected Record "New only" (to rule out the syndication channels USA, etc.), ALL channels (to get 506 ABC in Philly, even though it's not one of the Channel options listed, which is bizarre), Get in HD ALWAYS (to rule out the SD channels). Checked the upcoming episodes and the next episode on 506 ABC is the first episode checked to record.