Can't Connect to Internet -- HD Menus Only

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ginginlala, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ginginlala

ginginlala Member

Jul 15, 2011
    My TiVo Premiere was working perfectly up until today.

Now, for whatever reason, it no longer thinks it can connect to the Internet. I say "thinks" because, well, it can!

In the HD Menus, I get the "TiVo can no longer connect to the Internet" error along the top, disabling most of the beyond-DVR functionality of the device. What's driving me crazy is that:

* All Internet functionality works fine in SD menus (Netflix, Hulu Plus, Swivel Search, everything)

* In HD Menus, I can force it to connect to the TiVo service with no issues

I tried a solution I read on another board about forcing my router to start DHCP assignments at x.x.x.20 and giving TiVo a static IP below 20. That worked for a few hours after a reset, but now that error has popped up again.

I've tried a cold reboot, tried popping the ethernet cable in and out, tried turning DHCP assignment back on on the TiVo...nothing. I'm stuck without Internet access, but only in the HD menus.

Any ideas? This is driving me up a wall.

2. Idz21

Idz21 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    There's one other trick that worked for me, along with the static IP trick, which is switching the Channel that your router operates on. There could be statis disturbances from other devices causing your connection to drop. The channels to pick are 1, 6 & 11. 11 worked for me. Give that a shot.