Can't change channel w/1 show recording

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by xja, Jan 13, 2006.

1. xja

xja New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Using an HR10-250 with 2 satellite inputs and 1 OTA input connected:

I had set Smallville to record (from an OTA HD channel) on a seasons pass. I tuned to that channel a few minutes before it was scheduled to start but then turned off the TV a minute after it started. When I turned on the TV again in about a half hour, it was on Smallville but I wanted to change the channel to a satellite SD channel. When I tried, I was prompted that I needed to stop recording Smallville in order to change the channel. I checked the Now Playing List and confirmed that Smallville was the ONLY show being recorded. So, in other words, I was not able to record one show and watch another.

I have tried to recreate this problem but haven't been able to. Any idea what may have caused this to happen?

2. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    I'm not near my tivo to check but i think you have to setup 2 tuners in Guided setup

edit oh wait, you said it's all ok now? Then dont worry about it. Just a glitch...there are many things that happen once and you never see them again.

3. chazstik

chazstik New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I've found that when a tivo suggestion is recording on the other input, it will prompt you to cancel the recording you actually want in order to change the channel. So you have to switch to the other input recording the suggestion. Then you can change channels from there without a prompt.

4. xja

xja New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Perhaps a Tivo Suggestion was recording, although I didn't see one in the Now Playing List either at the time or later. If this happens again, I will look to see what is on the other tuner.

This is only my 2nd day with the Tivo so just learning my way around after having used UltimateTV for 4 years.