Can't cancel a video podcast season pass

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by the928guy, Apr 2, 2011.

1. the928guy

the928guy Un-mutual

Sep 29, 2002
    North GA
    I thought "Scientific Tuesdays" sounded interesting (in Video on Demand / Video Podcasts), but soon discovered that it's geared toward those 12 and under. So I cancel the season pass ... but it keeps recording the thing anyhow. I tried re-subscribing and un-subscribing, but still it comes. I tried subscribing and keeping only one episode, figuring that I could just ignore it. Multiple ones still record.

For a while, the check mark was next to the program name, even though selecting the listing didn't show it as being subscribed (it cheerfully offers me the option of getting a Season Pass). The check mark went away after a power cycle, filling me with hope ... but still the show downloads.

I've managed to subscribe and unsubscribe to other podcasts, but Scientific Tuesdays just won't go away. Any suggestions?

Oh, I should mention that this is happening on a Premiere. Thanks for any thoughts ....

2. 98clru

98clru New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Tried same things, same result. Been over a year. Don't think it matters or will help diagnose but mine is diggnation.

3. the928guy

the928guy Un-mutual

Sep 29, 2002
    North GA
    Huh ... they're both Revision3 shows, so maybe there's a clue there. Or not.

Since these things have to be "pushed," it wouldn't surprise me if the scheduling is done at TiVo rather than locally. I guess bugging their customer service is the next step.

4. the928guy

the928guy Un-mutual

Sep 29, 2002
    North GA
    Even though I had cancelled Scientific Tuesdays from the "Science" category (which is where I found it in the first place), and it didn't show up as subscribed in "All," I just found it also listed -- and subscribed to -- in the "Educational" category. Maybe finding it there is a function of the new 14.8 software ... or maybe not. Either way, I've canceled the season pass there, too. And, either way, it's a nutty way to do listings.

Tuesday will tell ....