Can't add .TIVO files to "All TV" in WMP

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by iberhane, Jun 30, 2006.

1. iberhane

iberhane New Member

Jun 30, 2006
    If I transfer a recording using Tivo Desktop it correctly places the show in the TV section of the Windows Media Player Library.

However, I have some previously transferred .tivo files on my PC that I have deleted from the Windows Media Library. If I try to add them back manually, they are placed in the Video section of WMP.

Any suggestions for a workaround (besides re-transferring all of the old .tivo recordings from the TIVO)?

Thanks,

Isaac

2. TiVo Fool

TiVo Fool Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Fayetteville...
    If Windows Media Player isn't running when TiVo Deskop completes a transfer, then the recordings will not be added to the Windows Media Library.

If you add them manually or if you have Media Player set up to monitor your TiVo Recordings folder, then they will get added as Video, not TV.

TiVo needs to get Microsoft to recognize TiVo files as TV and add them correctly.

In the mean time, I have written a script that will do it for you. If you are interested, PM me and I'll send it to you. :up:

3. cmichael16

cmichael16 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Question... I jsut ordered a media center PC... I have a TON of Tivo to GO files on External drives... can I stream them over MCE? I plan to put the media center pc in a back office and stream to my xbox 360 in the living room....

Also Since I assume I have to manage some sort of TV stuff can you tell me what this script that you wrote does?

4. TiVo Fool

TiVo Fool Guest

Dec 17, 2001
    Fayetteville...
    The only way you'll only be able to stream them using MCE and your XBox is if you convert them to mpeg.

It finds all the .TiVo files in your My Documents\My TiVo Recordings folder and publishes each one using the TiVoWMLPublisher program that is installed with TiVo Desktop.

5. aleeceh

aleeceh New Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Davis, CA
    I need to do something similar and I would love to get a copy of your script if you still have it!

(Sorry to reply to such an ancient topic, but I haven't posted enough times here to be allowed to send a PM as you originally suggested.)