Cannot Watch Amazon Prime on Pace boxes

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by RRanger, May 17, 2020.

1. RRanger

RRanger New Member

May 17, 2020
    Is anyone else having trouble watching Amazon Prime on Smart TVs that are connected to a Pace Tivo? We have four TVs hooked to Tivo. The main Tivo box is the large Format Series 4 Dolby; the other three are the small Pace boxes. We can watch Netflix, YouTube, and all recorded regular cable shows on all Smart TVs with excellent sound and picture quality, but can watch Amazon Prime only on the TV connected to the main Tivo box. Another problem is intermittent sound breaks on any of the Grande On Demand movies we try to watch on the TVs hooked to the Pace boxes. A Grande technician looked at our system two weeks ago but could do nothing except elevate it somewhere else in his shop. The response I get now when I follow up is “be patient,Tivo is complicated.”

2. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    No relation to each other. Tivo has no say or control over the Smart TV apps.

3. RRanger

RRanger New Member

May 17, 2020
    Thank you for your reply. I understand that TiVo has no say or control over Smart TV apps. What really confuses me is why I can watch all the apps except Amazon Prime and Grande Communications on demand on the three TVs with the small Pace boxes.

4. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    If the small pace boxes are minis, known issue.

Tivo Customer Support Community

5. RRanger

RRanger New Member

May 17, 2020
    Thank you, Sir. Very helpful. This old infantryman's question is if it is a known issue, why doesn't Grande Communications fess up instead of jerking me around and causing me to waste countless hours trying to resolve this?

6. RRanger

RRanger New Member

May 17, 2020
    The Grande Communications technician that came to fix the problem confirmed the Pace minis are the issue. He suggested I connect to the app directly from the Smart TVs rather than through TiVo's Pace minis. That works.