Cannot view recordings on computer

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by MaxWin100, Apr 29, 2010.

1. MaxWin100

MaxWin100 Member

Apr 5, 2009
    I have two Tivos, and neither can see any recordings on my computer. But they can see the computer. When you select it, I just see the message that says there are no recordings. There are hundreds. Both Tivos see each other just fine, and they both see the pyTivo recordings on the computer. I've restarted both Tivos and the computer. No change.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Log on to Your Tivo Account and then go to DVR Preferences, your Tivos should be listed with checkboxes under transfers and downloads, check them both for each Tivo. Then have each Tivos connect. This can take up to a day to get enabled.

3. MaxWin100

MaxWin100 Member

Apr 5, 2009
    That's the standard advice, and I've done that in the past when another Tivo or my computer didn't show up in Now Playing, but in this case, my computer showed up just fine. I could even select it, but there were no recordings.

I doubt anyone would have guessed the solution. The problem was that the Tivo server was set to use one of the virtual network adapters which had a non-DHCP address. I don't know how that changed, but once I changed it back to the wired adapter, everything worked just fine.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    when this happens to me, a reboot of the computer usually fixes it.