Cannot transfer shows "Check Network Connection"

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by caseybea, Oct 7, 2017.

1. caseybea

caseybea Member

Oct 14, 2010

Advertisements

Just got my new bolt. Setup complete. Even "sees" my premiere.
    Went online, transferred all my onepasses, no problem!

Then went to transfer recordings... Big error in main screen section, "check network connection". NO recordings show up at all. BUT--- both tivos are listed, even showing the disk space percentage used........

My tivo premiere is online. Wired. I even made it connect to the tivo service. all good.
    My tivo bolt is online. Wired.
    My dektop is online. wired.

OK.... ANY ideas here? I'm ready to dump the premiere, but I *really* need to get my recordings transferred....

2. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Can you start a transfer from the Bolt accessing the Premiere using the Bolt's UI?

If you don't have a ton of shows, you can probably get everything transferred manually before TiVo fixes whatever is wrong with TiVo Online.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Wired how, exactly? Can you list the brand/model of each of your Ethernet components (router, switches)?

You might also try powering-down everything, including TiVo and all network gear, for a few minutes, just to do a full reset. Bring the network gear back online before the TiVos, obviously.

4. caseybea

caseybea Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Update: Even though the premiere was online and working etc, I went with a gut feeling and just REBOOTED the frigging thing. All good now, recordings showed up and I'm transferring.

No need to go into the details of my home network, I'm a seasoned IT professional, so I knew that was not the issue :) :)

Had to go to the old standby. "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" --The IT Crowd (LOL)

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003

Advertisements

Good to hear.

6. idksmy

idksmy Guest

Jul 16, 2016
    You'd almost think the boxes were running Windows.:):p

UCLABB likes this.
  7. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member