Cannot stream from Elite to Premiere or Premiere XL...

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by y2jdmbfan, Dec 19, 2011.

1. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan Member

May 7, 2004
    Guys,

I've got a Premiere with 14.9.2.2 a Premiere XL with 14.9.2.2 and a Premiere Elite with 14.9.2. For some reason I can't transfer from the Elite to either the Premiere or Premiere XL. Both units list about the first 3 shows on the Elite box and then get stuck in the green circle of death and no button presses work, you keep getting the "bong" error noise when you hit any other buttons. Has anyone else run into this and is there any workarounds? I transferred a bunch of my shows from the Premiere and XL to the Elite and now I can't watch anything off the Elite in the other rooms.

Thanks,

Y2J

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Have you tried rebooting it?

3. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan Member

May 7, 2004
    Mutliple times.

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I think there is a 14.9.2.2 update for the Elite. If so you might need that, since I know previously others were having transfer issues between boxes with different versions.

5. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    The problem is likely on your elite.

Premiere MRV broken - hangs client Tivo

There may still a bug that affects groupings list. It is more obvious in the SDUI (which is used during MRV access). There is likely a bad entry you need to figure out which entry on your Elite and delete it. It is easier using the SDUI, turn grouping on and off.

6. jbell73

jbell73 Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Exactly! I had this issue on my Premiere and now my Elite. I was lucky enough to have 3 TiVo's, so I could change the "Group" option to OFF when viewing remote shows on the TiVo that was fine, and then I could access the remote shows on the TiVo that would always HANG (they use the same Group settings).

FYI - If you have the iPhone/iPad App you can hit "Live TV" with the remote function and get out of that hung state. It fixes along of "Hang" issues I found.

Funny thing is that when I transferred all of my Premiere shows to my Elite the problem followed it. :( So my Now Playing list sometimes partially disappears on the Elite, but again the iPad app can access the full show list. I just need to watch my backlog of shows and hopefully eventually delete the bad/corrupt show -- if I ever find out which one it is.

7. y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan Member

May 7, 2004
    I finally dug out my TiVo remote and turned off groups and was able to find the corrupted programs and deleted them, there were about 15 episodes of this show that I didn't even realize was recording because it wasn't showing up in the group list. I deleted these and now all the units are happy. Thanks for the tips guys! I can't believe I didn't fix this earlier!

Y2J