Cannot remove Channels from CYR Series 1

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by snedecor, Sep 8, 2007.

1. snedecor

snedecor Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Angleton, TX
    The first problem was that a few channels had disappeared, both from my channel guide and Channels You Receive (CYR). The TiVo just didn't think they were in my lineup. I repeated guided setup (a pain) selecting Dish Network Houston and antenna. I selected the channels I receive (I don't get ALL the Dish network channels.) and finished guided setup.

The guide then showed ALL the channels in the lineup. I tried to delete some, and then tried to delete all but 3 or 4, but the selection never did stick in CYR.

I then repeated guided setup (another pain) choosing antenna only. I was able to remove channels from CYR and have the selections stick. I only saw the channels I selected in CYR.

So far, so good. I repeated guided setup (what a pain!) and chose Dish network and antenna again.

Same problem. Guide shows ALL dish channels (shopping, ppv, hbo, cinemax, etc.) and I can't remove them from CYR. The selctions I put in don't survive a right arrow. I go back and they're ALL selected again.

This is unacceptable, because if TiVo tunes to a channel I don't get, I get an annoying dialog box from the satellite receiver telling me I don't subscribe to that channel.

Any suggestions?

The only thing I haven't done is Clear and Delete everything. I'm trying to avoid losing all my recordings.

HELP!

2. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Did you try to re-boot the tivo (pull the plug, wait 30 secs, plug back in)?

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Have you selected to display the CYR in the guide?
    It seems the filter is set for ALL.

Also, only delete about 30 channels at a time.

4. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Series 1's are still running an old version of the system software, which has a bug in "Channels You Receive." Only about 16 changes will be recorded at a time. Go into CYR and make 15 or so changes; press "done" and go back in for the next 15 changes.

In the future, know that rerunning guided setup does nothing for you in the original situation where tivo deleted channels from your lineup. You must call tivo customer support or fill in the lneup discrepancy report on tivo.com.

5. snedecor

snedecor Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Angleton, TX

That wasn't true, for me. when I repeated guided setup, the missing channels were back, along with every channel in the Dish lineup, but I couldn't delete the ones that were not in my specific DISH package.

I didn't realize about the 15 changes bug, I'll try that tonight.

Thanks!